RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated web client project

Tissemand

Squire
Hi all!

If anyone was ever following UOJS, I ended up taking a long break from it. Anyway, I started back up on it and integrated it with RunUO, so no extra things are needed to run it. You should be able to drag and drop it (I think!). I also moved it to github from bitbucket.

It now uses reflection instead of a reference to UltimaSDK, so it will likely be slower until it gets optimized. I ended up changing a few small things slightly and it seems to have broken things since the last version. Movement is completely borked and it just runs weirder now.

IT IS STILL NOT PLAYABLE AT ALL. Don't expect it to run. I have no fucking idea what I'm doing half the time.

The github is located at https://github.com/kevinhikaruevans/uojs/ if you want to play around with it or contribute.

Tissemand

jaapie

Sorceror
I've been following this project ever since your post on reddit. Great project. I think this project is one of the very few things that can ressurect UO. Unfortunatly im not good with java or html so i cant help =(

I realy hope some java pro can help you out. Just imagine playing UO in a web browser. How cool is that?

Good luck

jaapie

Sorceror
BTW: maybe there is some easy way to get it playing in a web browser. By just rendering the UO game to a browser like a stream. Like some kind of cloud server. Just an idea (and maybe it's stupid :p )

I do realise it will use 2 much bandwith and cpu power

Safera

Page
Since I found out about freeshards, I have always thought this would be a great idea to help resurrect this game; especially if it can be accomplished in the next year or so.

I'm in no way knowledgable with Java, but HTML I can do. A buddy of mine who is helping with an auto-installer is proficient in Java though, so I'll forward him to your link as he has an interest in my little game project, so he may very well be willing to help with yours as it relates.

Thanks for restarting this potentially amazing project!

Tissemand

Squire
Interesting stuff :) I remember hearing about it a while back.
UltimaSDK evolved into OpenUO, maybe it can help you optimize; https://github.com/fdsprod/OpenUO
I am considering using OpenUO in the near future, but haven't really had the time to look into it.
BTW: maybe there is some easy way to get it playing in a web browser. By just rendering the UO game to a browser like a stream. Like some kind of cloud server. Just an idea (and maybe it's stupid :p ) I do realise it will use 2 much bandwith and cpu power
It's possible to do, but the game would have to be optimized for this (which it isn't).
Since I found out about freeshards, I have always thought this would be a great idea to help resurrect this game; especially if it can be accomplished in the next year or so. I'm in no way knowledgable with Java, but HTML I can do. A buddy of mine who is helping with an auto-installer is proficient in Java though, so I'll forward him to your link as he has an interest in my little game project, so he may very well be willing to help with yours as it relates.
Sweet. Anybody can contribute since it's on github.

stepi

Wanderer
That seems cool but when I try to connect, Run UO show that it's Encrypted client.
I guess that I need UO install on mine server, right? When I try connect on mine server via Remote control there is some loading and black screen od side.. it's probablly because I use Remote, right?

Tissemand

Squire
That seems cool but when I try to connect, Run UO show that it's Encrypted client.
I guess that I need UO install on mine server, right? When I try connect on mine server via Remote control there is some loading and black screen od side.. it's probablly because I use Remote, right?

Haha, I broke the art in the last commit. I'll fix that soon.

It shouldn't show that it's an encrypted client though, since it should act like a 6.x client. Are you sure you're connecting to localhost:2580?