RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates: halloween stuff.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Halloween town will be opening in the next couple days, but in the meantime, OSI halloween events are all running on Demise.

Player Zombies

When a player dies, that player's zombie skeleton will haunt a cemetery anywhere on Felucca or Trammel. When the zombie is killed, a special Halloween decorative item may be dropped on the player zombie's corpse.

• Player-named bone containers. These look much like the "bones" version of a decaying corpse. in that they are containers, with the same ItemID and GumpID. These bone containers will be named "[player]'s bones", where [player] is the name of the character whos zombie dropped it. They will come in white, and three very rare special hues.
Trick or Treat

If a player says "trick or treat", they will get a target cursor. Certain (yellow hued) NPCs and vendors will give a treat when targeted. There is a small chance that it will chose to give you a trick instead. The following things may happen.

• The player's entire body, mount, and equipped items will temporarily be changed to a metallic hue.
  • The player will start profusely bleeding all over the place. This causes no damage to the player.
  • The player's naughty twin will appear and:
    1. steal some of their candy
    2. teleport the player to a random moongate on the same facet.
If the NPC decides to give the player a treat, one of several messages will be seen, and the player will recieve one of the following:

• Lollipop
  • Wrapped Candy
  • Jellybeans
  • Taffy
  • Nougat Swirl
If the player trick or treating has 100 skill points in Begging, they have an additional, but small, chance of receiving one of the following instead:

• Creepy Cake
  • Pumpkin Pizza
  • Grim Warning
  • Harvest Wine
  • Murky Milk
  • Mr Plain's Cookies
  • Skulls on a Pike
  • Chair in a Ghost Costume
  • Excellent Iron Maiden
  • Halloween Guillotine
  • Colored Small Spider Webs
Pumpkin Patches

Pumpkins have been spawning in farm fields that are not within guard zones. They come in many sizes and shapes, but none are edible. Some are very large, and when someone picks it up, one of the following will happen.

• The pumkpkin will turn into a decorative jack-o-lantern which can be kept by the player
  • The pumpkin will be deleted and a killer pumpkin will spawn. Upon its death, the killer pumpkin may leave one of the following items on their corpse:
    1. Hand Painted Evil Clown Mask
    2. Hand Painted Evil Jester Mask
    3. Hand Painted Daemon Mask
    4. Hand Painted Plague Mask
    5. Hand Painted Porcelain Mask
    6. Wrapped Candy
  • The painted masks will bear the name of a RunUO staff member in its name, such as "Plague Mask Hand Painted by Ryan"

halloweenitems.JPG

Please note: Two of the Painted Masks will not be visible to older clients. They should show up on your screen (in the mobile's corpse) as an unused tile icon. Whenever you update to a recent client version these items will render normally.

Simon Omega

Traveler
Error: Type 'Server.Items.Lollipop' was not found. Delete all of those types? (y/n)

I get this on svn913 (last night) all the way up to svn918 (now).
I searched and searched the files for one containing "lollipop" (bad name) instead of "lollipops" (the right name). Found none.
Somehow it seems I ended up with it in my save or world data (I can't see it in the scripts).

I had to copy lollipops.cs to customs and change all lollipops to lollipop.

I don't mind having "lollipops.cs" and "lollipop.cs", but might you have an idea as to how 913 caused this to get saved?
913 only had lollipops.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Yeah. Sorry. 911 should have removed 'Lollipop' from a mixed up xmas and halloween foods script. The added "s" is my bad. Its aliased now, and shouldnt be a problem. Ive not coded any thing in over a year, and seems I needed a little refresher course. :D

Simon Omega

Traveler
Yeah. Sorry. 911 should have removed 'Lollipop' from a mixed up xmas and halloween foods script. The added "s" is my bad. Its aliased now, and shouldnt be a problem. Ive not coded any thing in over a year, and seems I needed a little refresher course. :D

No Problem, I didn't notice lollipop in 911 :). Didn't want to have to purge them all. Good work on the Holiday scripts. :-D

Vorspire

Knight
I've been writing a Halloween system for my project, I used the bounds provided with your code but they seem to be wrong;

My system spawns pumpkins in the cemeteries and when that happened, the outline of the bounds became clear, its like they're all rotated 90 degrees - I'll put this down to the confusing way in which bounds are referenced, they always start in the top-most corner (NW) and end in the bottom-most corner (SE), I think you may have specified them as left to right instead (SW -> NE).

Anyway, I wrote up a quick command to export Rectangle2D bounds lists and went to every cemetery and manually selected the bounds, here's the output if you'd like to use it.

Rich (BB code):
		#region Cemetery Bounds
		private static Rectangle2D[] _BoundsJhelom = 
		{ 
			new Rectangle2D(1280, 3744, 15, 7),
			new Rectangle2D(1272, 3712, 23, 31),
			new Rectangle2D(1296, 3723, 4, 12)
		};

private static Rectangle2D[] _BoundsBritain = 
		{ 
			new Rectangle2D(1337, 1444, 38, 66),
			new Rectangle2D(1376, 1444, 14, 49)

};

private static Rectangle2D[] _BoundsTrinsic = 
		{ 
			new Rectangle2D(1980, 3200, 13, 12)
		};

private static Rectangle2D[] _BoundsVesper = 
		{ 
			new Rectangle2D(2728, 840, 55, 55)
		};

private static Rectangle2D[] _BoundsMoonglow = 
		{ 
			new Rectangle2D(4536, 1297, 21, 38),
			new Rectangle2D(4528, 1314, 7, 21)
		};

private static Rectangle2D[] _BoundsYew = 
		{ 
			new Rectangle2D(712, 1104, 23, 31)
		};

private static Rectangle2D[] _BoundsFire = 
		{ 
			new Rectangle2D(5824, 1464, 12, 12),
			new Rectangle2D(5824, 1477, 7, 10)
		};

private static Rectangle2D[] _BoundsT2A = 
		{ 
			new Rectangle2D(5693, 3659, 6, 3)
		};
		#endregion

Just one more tiny thing; "cemetary" => "cemetery", but not really important :)

Thanks for the Halloween updates, they're a great addition!

Simon Omega

Traveler
Can you bind a Mobile's movement to a Rect or Region?
I noticed that with these scripts unmodified the Skeleton Zombies can wander out the grave yard far away.
I made them CnatMove for now, until I look into it.

Xavier

Account Terminated
I've been writing a Halloween system for my project, I used the bounds provided with your code but they seem to be wrong;

Those coordinates were provided by others gathering data whilst I was coding. It seems that they got the X and Y dimensions reversed. Its fixed in SVN.

Can you bind a Mobile's movement to a Rect or Region?

This is an undetermined behavior, which we couldnt really get info about on OSI. Can they wander out of the cemetary? yes? no? No idea. The easy way to confine them would be to set their home. But, part of the wandering problem, I am sure, is because of those bad coords: they spawned outside the fences.

Ill set a homerange on them.

atdp

Sorceror
This is an undetermined behavior, which we couldnt really get info about on OSI. Can they wander out of the cemetary? yes? no? No idea. The easy way to confine them would be to set their home. But, part of the wandering problem, I am sure, is because of those bad coords: they spawned outside the fences.

Ill set a homerange on them.
Maybe they don't leave the graveyard on they own, but certainly they follow you everywhere you go and are not automatically teleported back.