RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vita-Nex: Core

[2.x] Vita-Nex: Core 5.2.0.0

No permission to download

Vorspire

Knight
Vorspire submitted a new resource:

Vita-Nex: Core (version 2.0.0.0) - A dynamic extension library for RunUO, written in C#, targeting .NET Framework 4.0

Vita-Nex: Core (VNc)
A dynamic extension library for RunUO, written in C#, targeting .NET Framework 4.0

VNc extends the RunUO server emulator software to expose many features and utilities, as well as Services and Modules designed to enhance server management and game-play, while maintaining 100% "plug & play" capability.

*** Requires RunUO server software be compiled targeting .NET Framework 4.0
*** Supports Mono 2.6, but there are known issues with Mono's support of .NET Framework 4.0...

Read more about this resource...

rmacham

Sorceror
Hey Vorspire.

This is running fine on my home server no problem. But when I moved my server folder over to my dedicated server, I get this error:

Code:
Errors:
+ VitaNex-Core/Items/Skills/SkillCodex.cs:
    CS1928: Line 643: 'Server.GenericReader' does not contain a definition for '
ReadList' and the best extension method overload 'Server.SerializeExtUtility.Rea
dList<TObj>(Server.GenericReader, System.Func<TObj>, System.Collections.Generic.
List<TObj>)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 643: Argument 2: cannot convert from 'method group' to 'System.
Func<Server.SkillName>'

Any ideas?

At first I thought it wasn't copied over properly because I was getting other errors, so I re-copied my server over and got rid of all the other errors except this one.

I even deleted the folder and re-downloaded via SVN from your site, but still this same error.

Vorspire

Knight
Are you using Mono?

If you are, then versions below 2.6 do not support optional parameters, you will have to upgrade to 2.6 in order to compile.

Tru

Knight
Code:
Errors:
+ Custom/Vita Nex/Items/Throwables/Base/BaseDazingThrowable.cs:
    CS1061: Line 66: 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition
for 'SetMountBlock' and no extension method 'SetMountBlock' accepting a first a
rgument of type 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' could be found (are you missing a
using directive or an assembly reference?)

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 4803.22611
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319

Vorspire

Knight
Mount blocking was moved from BaseMount to PlayerMobile in the RunUO SVN - VNc supports the latest RunUO, so you'll have to change it.

All => Please direct support requests to the location provided, I do not want to track support requests in a single forum thread, thanks ;)

Vorspire

Knight
Question:

HellRazor
http://www.runuo.com/community/members/vorspire.39734/#profile-post-4794 said:
Hi Vorspire,

Just looking for advice. I want to code a whirlpool which will be a static art item that will roam around the ocean and take action when it "hits" a ship. Do you have any advice on how I can approach that, or can you think of any RUO scripts that have similar functionality that I can use as an example?

Thanks! -HR

Answer:

That is a good question, and a nice idea!

You can use Vita-Nex: Core to achieve that quite easily, there is already a built-in effect for the whirlpool, you can create it at any given location and assign handlers for what happens for each point in the effect

C#:
//using VitaNex.FX;

private static readonly Queue<Point3D> _WhirlpoolPath = new Queue<Point3D>();
private static WaterRippleEffect _Whirlpool;

public static void BeginWhirlpool(Point3D start, Point3D end, Map map, int size)
{
	_WhirlpoolPath.Clear();
	Geometry.Line2D(start, end, map, (p, m) => _WhirlpoolPath.Enqueue(p));

size = Math.Min(1, Math.Max(100, size));

if (_Whirlpool == null)
	{
		_Whirlpool = new WaterRippleEffect(start, map, size) {
			Callback = CycleWhirlpool
		};
	}
	else
	{
		_Whirlpool.Start = start;
		_Whirlpool.Map = map;
		_Whirlpool.Range = size;
	}

_Whirlpool.Send();
}

private static void CycleWhirlpool()
{
	if (_Whirlpool != null && _WhirlpoolPath.Count > 0)
	{
		_Whirlpool.Start = _WhirlpoolPath.Dequeue();
	}
	else
	{
		OnWhirlpoolEnd();
	}
}

private static void OnWhirlpoolEffect(EffectInfo e)
{
	if (e.EffectID == _Whirlpool.Effects[0].EffectID)
	{
		e.Source.GetMobilesInRange(e.Map, 0).ForEach(m =>
		{
			//Mobile found on this tile!
		});
	}
}

private static void OnWhirlpoolEnd()
{
}

Vorspire

Knight
Vorspire updated Vita-Nex: Core with a new update entry:

Misc Updates

- Added CHANGES file to main project.
- HueSelector now allows the preview icon to be changed.
- InstallationLocator will not prompt for console input if the Core has any data directories listed before it is initialized.
- Updated IOUtility with more Unix-based support, specifically prepending directory separators to paths without one.
- Grid member _Size now has a default value assigned.
- Clilocs will now issue a warning if files are not found, in some cases the client localization files are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vorspire

Knight
Vorspire updated Vita-Nex: Core with a new update entry:

- Removed created/edited dates from file headers to prevent future merge conflictions.
- Removed all redundant references to named property 'recompile' for SuperGump.Refresh method.
- Removed redundant GumpUtility class, useful code has been moved or reimplemented.
- SuperGumps will now correctly distinguish buttons for GumpButtonTypes Reply and Page.
- SuperGumps instance polling will not poll the gump instance by default, it will detect when to start and stop the timer, or it can be forced to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vorspire

Knight
Not sure about OrbSA, unless you mean ServUO? It should be plug and play with RunUO 2.2, 2.3 and with one minor edit, 2.4 and 2.5.
Supports ServUO publish 53 and 54.

Vorspire

Knight

I'm going to release a bunch of new videos of test scenarios - I've managed to successfully add the first fully animated TORNADO to the game using VNc's FX core (included with the 2.1.0.0 upcoming release) :)