RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best way to edit my map#.mul files

john burns

Sorceror
I would like to replace some decorations, including floors, walkways, and other stuff. What is the best way of doing this?

pooka01

Sorceror
You mean like, grass mountains, sand, dirt, town roads, etc?
If it is the case then aim for centrED or centrED+,

If it is walls, items, and such, aim for either centrED, centrED+ or [unfreeze the area to change and do the modifications needed, then [freeze back what you added and unfreezed that stills there.

But either way, all the changes you make to your files, you should do a backup of your original files, just in case you do a mistake or want to go back in time.
And if you wnt your players to see the changes you will need to distribute it to them in order to be able to get the players to see the changes made.
In all: do it only if you are sure about it.

john burns

Sorceror
I have Centred+. But when I go to configure it, I get the following output...........pic attached.

Attachments

• untitled.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 7

m309

Squire
You need to put all of the necessary files into the PEBinaries folder. You tried to enter a directory as the name of a file, and its saying it can't find it. Because it doesn't exist.

john burns

Sorceror
ok, I am using Centred+, trying to erase some tiles, but they are not erasing.
Did I forget to do something before I erased them.
I am using the eraser.

john burns

Sorceror
finding out there is some stuff I can erase and some i can't.
mmmm......if I laid down new flooring, everybody should see it if they have the same files as I do. Good.

m309

Squire
Every static can be erased. Land tiles cannot be "erased", you have to overwrite them with other land tiles.

john burns

Sorceror
cool. but if I add new floors and stuff, I can just freeze them to add to the statics files?
Or easier to use Centred+?

Forgive the questions, but I found a new toy and I want to know more about it.

m309

Squire
Either way you have to patch the files to players.

CED saves itself. Just close the .exe and then use the map, staidx and statics files from the PEBinaries folder.

john burns

Sorceror
If I did an entire realm, like trammel, with all kinds of custom deco, how do I freeze, or make static, all of it without doing it area by area?

Dian

Sorceror
m309 is trying to tell you that CED will save everything as you use it, so you dont have to find and press a save button like you are looking for.

john burns

Sorceror
Been playing with it, it runs a little slow on my pc, but I see a LOT of potential. With a huge amount of patience, I can get what I want down.

I like my new toy.