RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XmlPoints

ArteGordon

Wanderer
I forgot to mention in the v1.11 update that I enabled the free insurance option during challenge games by default. If you want insurance penalties back then just change the return value of the InsuranceIsFree override in each game to false.

Note, this does not affect 1 on 1 duels. Those still carry an insurance penalty.

Guadah

Wanderer
Im loving it.

Excellent ScriptGroup Arte. Thank you for the support as well.

Everything is working perfectly.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.12

this will probably be the last major update until after the holidays.

from the changelog

New to version 1.12
updated 12/21/04

- added a new King of the Hill Challenge game (KotH). This can be accessed through the points gump. Initiating a game will create an Challenge Gauntlet (the Hill) that is placed on the ground under the player.

- added the "[kingofthehill" command which creates a new King of the Hill Challenge game. This is identical to creating one from the points gump.

King of the Hill Rules

- The general rules are the same as a Last Man Standing match with the following differences.

- A target score can be specified, which is the number of seconds a player must spend as king of the hill to win.

- When a single player occupies the tile on which the KotH challenge gauntlet is placed, their score will be increased by 1 per second. The score will be displayed overhead and updated in the game gump. If more than one player occupies the tile, no scores are incremented.

- The first player to reach the target score wins the match.

- Once a participant is killed, they are out of the game. If only one participant remains, they are declared the winner.

- Any non-participant that tries to occupy the KotH tile will be automatically moved off to a random nearby location to prevent attempts to block the tile.

newbies13

Sorceror
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Customs\New\XmlPoints-v112\XmlPointsRewards.cs: CS0246: (line
54, column 67) The type or namespace name 'XmlEnemyMastery' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Customs\New\XmlPoints-v112\XmlPointsRewards.cs: CS0246: (line
55, column 67) The type or namespace name 'XmlStr' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Followed all the instructions as far as I can tell, have the latest xmlspawner. What did I do wrong heh.

I suppose I could just comment out those rewards, was just wondering why it was giving errors.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
those errors are because you did not install the optional xmlspawner2 support files that contain those attachments. You can either add them (they are in xmlspawner2-support1of2.zip) or just comment out those lines.

I'll add an installation note about this. Thanks.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
I just noticed that I left the UnrestrictedChallenges static variable in XmlPoints.cs true by default (see around line 275).
I would recommend changing that to false otherwise players dont have any minimum waiting between 1-on-1 duels with the same player for points.
While some might like allowing players to duel for points as often as they like, I feel that it is somewhat unbalancing and should be false by default.

This only applies to 1-on-1 duels and does not apply to the challenge games that have their own control over this behavior.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.13

from the changelog

New to version 1.13
updated 12/26/04
- added a new "AllowPoints" override to individual challenge games that allows them to completely disable awarding pvp points on kills during a match. This is set to true by default in each game. Set it to false to disable points. This allows you to separate game events from normal ranked pvp activity. Note, this has no effect on 1-on-1 duels.

- modified the king of the hill game to prevent players from scoring while hidden.

- added the static variable "RespawnTime" in each of the challenge games that allows control over the delay until autores in those games that have autores enabled. (default is 6 seconds).

- modified the ChallengeGameRegion to block corpse looting by other players.

- added a new DeathBall Challenge game. This can be accessed through the points gump. Initiating a game will create an Challenge Gauntlet that is placed on the ground under the player.

- added the "[deathball" command which creates a new DeathBall Challenge game. This is identical to creating one from the points gump.

DeathBall Rules

- The general rules are similar to a Deathmatch with the following differences.

- A target score can be specified, which is the total number of seconds a player must spend carrying the deathball to win.

- When a player picks up the deathball their score will be increased by 1 per second for as long as they carry it. The score will be displayed over the players head and updated in the game gump.

- The first player to reach the target score wins the match.

- If a player is killed, they drop the ball at the location of their death, and are automatically resurrected and returned to the game after the respawn delay (6 sec default),

- Non-participants cannot pick up the Deathball.

- scores do not increase while a player is hidden or out of bounds.

- if a player is disqualified the ball is returned to the gauntlet location and the player is dropped from the match.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
ah, I didnt add it in but I can put that up in a minute.

(edit)

I added it. Just " [add topplayersboard" and double click to open it.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
a quick update

New to version 1.13a
updated 12/26/04

- added a new item, the top players bulletin board. Just "[add topplayersboard" and double click the board to open the leaderboard gump. Same as running the [topplayers command or using the topplayers button on the points gump.

Guadah

Wanderer
Arte, your the man.

*Add's to Reputation*

I would like to see a few things on the TopPlayers gump though.

Total Duels, Wins and Losses would be great to be able to see publically.

Guadah

Wanderer
- Error: Scripts\Testing\topplayersboard.cs: CS0122: (line 26, column 32) 'Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2.XmlPoints.TopPlayersGump' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Any idea on how to fix that?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Guadah said:
Arte, your the man.

*Add's to Reputation*

I would like to see a few things on the TopPlayers gump though.

Total Duels, Wins and Losses would be great to be able to see publically.
yeah, I've been looking at a couple of ways to do it. It's just a matter of finding the best way to display it.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
another quick update to 1.13b

from the changelog

New to version 1.13b
updated 12/27/04

- slight change to the DeathBall game. Scoring now increases even if the ball is not in the players pack but just being held.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.14

from the changelog

new to version 1.14
updated 12/30/04

- blocked the ability to issue 1-on-1 challenges while already in a challenge game.

- fixed a bug in leaderboard saving in which leaderboard saves immediately after a restart might not correctly reflect the most recent rankings (it wasnt refreshing the rankings just before doing a save). This had no effect on the ingame rankings that players would see, but it was messing up the time-at-rank and delta-rank info.

- added page scrolling buttons to the pvp rewards gump.

sUpplier1

Wanderer
I think It'd be great thing to disable Harm (in GameRegion) from/to players that aren't taking part in challenge. I mean just Some additional checks in AllowHarmful.

I'm also thinking about the kicking players of the region that don't take part in the challenge, but I don't really know how to do this. I have several arenas, some of them are closed (they have walls). So I don't have Idea where to kick'em after the challenge started, maybe to some pre-defined place?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Reggie said:
where do i change to location for challenges?
if my players use it they end up stuck.....

The challenges are set up at the location where the player issued the challenge. I'm not sure how they are getting stuck since they dont get moved anywhere. Some additional details would be helpful.
If you would like to automatically transport them somewhere when a challenge is accepted you can add a bit of code to the end of the OnResponse method in the ConfirmChallengeGump at the end of XmlPoints.cs

just change this

Code:
// update the points gump if it is open
                            if(m_Target.HasGump(typeof(PointsGump)))
                            {
                                // redisplay it with the new info
                                if(ta != null && !ta.Deleted)
                                    ta.OnIdentify(m_Target);
                            }

to this

Code:
// update the points gump if it is open
                            if(m_Target.HasGump(typeof(PointsGump)))
                            {
                                // redisplay it with the new info
                                if(ta != null && !ta.Deleted)
                                    ta.OnIdentify(m_Target);
                            }

// move the challengers to the dueling site
Point3D duelloc = new Point3D(2000, 1000, 0); // put whatever you want here
Map duelmap = Map.Felucca;
m_Target.MoveToWorld(duelloc, duelmap);
m_From.MoveToWorld(duelloc, duelmap);

ArteGordon

Wanderer
sUpplier1 said:
I think It'd be great thing to disable Harm (in GameRegion) from/to players that aren't taking part in challenge. I mean just Some additional checks in AllowHarmful.

I'm also thinking about the kicking players of the region that don't take part in the challenge, but I don't really know how to do this. I have several arenas, some of them are closed (they have walls). So I don't have Idea where to kick'em after the challenge started, maybe to some pre-defined place?

Yes, the latest update will address the non-participants issue. It handles both beneficial and harmful interference. I've been travelling so I havent had a chance to put it up yet.

Kicking non-participants from the arena area is a good idea. I already have code like that in the KotH game where non-participants that try to block the hill get kicked to a random location away from the gauntlet. I'll try out some variation of that.