RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 scripts needed for a new shard

zolo888

Sorceror
Hello.

I just started a new shard in Australia and i would love to get your wise and knowlegable feedback on what are your top 5 scripts i should use on the shard.

I am using the death and vendor boards, new player login, mystats and webstats. Its a ML style server with just a fel shard but I plan to link the doom and tok dungeons and to place them in the fel map, so this is to keep the gaming area small as i dont expect large numbers.
So what are your top 5 scripts that you either like or think that a new shard should have ?

EDIT - Got some feedback on the spelling in this post, sorry, i wrote it on my android while sat in the park with my son. - Gotta love the way people will read a post, then, ignore the question and just "have a go". Trolls. Better left in the dungeons.

Oh and your post form the 28th of Feb "
That is why then you are on to low of a patch. Patch to the one i stated above. 7.0.2.2 I haven't had a problem with it yet "

in a word GRAMMER ?.​

trevorc21

Knight
Hello.

I just started a new shard in Australia and i would love to get your wise and knowlegable feedback on what are your top 5 scripts i should use on the shard.

I am using the death and vendor boards, new player login, mystats and webstats. Its a ML style server with just a fel shard but I plan to link the doom and tok dungeons and to place them in the fel map, so this is to keep the gaming area small as i dont expect large numbers.
So what are your top 5 scripts that you either like or think that a new shard should have ?

EDIT - Got some feedback on the spelling in this post, sorry, i wrote it on my android while sat in the park with my son. - Gotta love the way people will read a post, then, ignore the question and just "have a go". Trolls. Better left in the dungeons.

Oh and your post form the 28th of Feb "
That is why then, you are on to low of a patch. Patch to the one i stated above. 7.0.2.2 I haven't had a problem with it yet "​
in a word GRAMMER ?.​
you know you are posting in the STARBUCKS, right?

I would troll you more, but just reading your post makes me feel sorry for you.

Also are you talking about how i forgot a comma between "then" and "you"? At least i didn't spell half of the shit wrong at first. Also good job trolling on a post over a year old...

Vorspire

Knight
Grammar*

Sorry, couldn't help it.

In order to answer your question, we would need a lot more information about what kind of shard you're aiming for.
Filling out the top 5 scripts list isn't going to give you any indication about what's worth putting in, solely because there are at least 10 advanced systems you probably should install to get your shard going, but I'll try to strip my opinion down to 3, because these 3 are currently available for RunUO 2.3;

1. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/neruns-distro.533127/
2. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/owltr-ver-3-0-0.522922/
3. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/roningts-fs-animal-taming-systems-gen2-for-runuo-2-3.533166/

zolo888

Sorceror
lol - Thank you for the feedback.

My server is just a simple one. Guess i am interested what other people are using, found a great script last night that sets up a kill 10 rats then get a reward. And the creatures get progressively harder as the prizes get better.

Anyone else have some top scripts that they think should be used on every srrver ?

Nockar

Sorceror
Boy that’s a really hard questions. There are a lot of them. Here are a couple of the basic ones that are good that would be worth looking at.

XML Spanwer2
XML Quest
XML Sockets
Neruns Distro
Town Houses v2.01
Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9
Xeevis Doubleclick Equip
Colored Item Name Properties

Hammerhand

Knight
Anything I've done of course! Just kidding! lol It literally depends on your tastes. Mine.... can leave an odd taste. ;)

darkangelodd

Sorceror
hi there,

I am in the process of setting up a new server... I have downloaded the newest version of RunUo, and I have also downloaded the NerunsDistro and OWLTR. When i added the NerunsDistro, it worked perfect, Props to Nerun. I also downloaded the FS-ATS Gen2 v 1.0.0. Well now that is a different story... I'm having a issue with it. I have copied all the files I needed to. I made sure i didn't skip over something. I'm having the issue that there must be some kind of double in some script. I keep getting the error that there is already a definition for "blockmounttype" from the "basemount.cs". I searched though all the files I have, and trust me there was a lot of searching... Finally I found another set of definitions in the file from NerunsDistro "playermoble.cs"... I tried to take one out, but for some reason the i get alot of preprocessor exptations that the server comes up with... How do I fix this issue... I have been on other servers that run both and they seem to work fine..
I'll be the first to admit I'm really new to this so I am kinda betting that there is gonna be an easy fix for it... I just have not found on the forums or anywhere else anything about it...
Help please...