RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get the krrios client to work

Cgeorge

Wanderer
Can't get the krrios client to work

I can't use it to log into a pol shard that requires a 2.0.0b client.
I did already set up config and installed MNFP..

I think its because this shard (like many poll shards) needs a 2.0.0b client.
This krrios client as far as I know is useable on shards that use 3.0.8+
So is it also able to act like a 2.0.0b client? Anyone know where I can get a version of krrios that is cappable of acting like a 2.0.0b version client?

Delta

Wanderer
When I was developing my shard under POL and experminented with that client you have to set the config file (cannot remember the file name now) from the 2.0.0b to IGNITION it has to be ignition set or it willl NOT work. hope that answers the question.

Cgeorge

Wanderer
Delta said:
When I was developing my shard under POL and experminented with that client you have to set the config file (cannot remember the file name now) from the 2.0.0b to IGNITION it has to be ignition set or it willl NOT work. hope that answers the question.

:?: :?: :?: ignition? I don't use ignition. I can't log on without encryption.

There is no setting of 2.0.0b. Why would osi put such a setting in there files?
I'm sorry this doesn't really help at all. Seems to hold promise.. perhaps if you were to rephrase and clarify what your talking about.

Zippy

Razor Creator
He means in the POL config file, there is a setting for what type of client to use, set that to IGNITION for Krrios client (or UOGateway clients) to work.

Delta

Wanderer
ok this is not a OSI thing it is a POL thing in the pol directory for the shard is a file called pol.cfg it has a section that looks like this

#
# ClientEncryptionVersion: The client encryption version
# Supported values: 1.26.4 2.0.0 ignition
ClientEncryptionVersion=1.26.4

you need to change the line ClientEncryptionVersion to say

ClientEncryptionVersion=ignition

so that this client will work but if you are not the shard admin you cannot get this to work it is a server issue not a client issue.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Pol has their own forums. This isnt an issue with Krrios' client, its an issue with POL. We are not here to provide support for them because if we are wrong on the support we give everyone will hold us responsible. Talk to the pol team at their site: http://pol.tumbolia.org