RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect UO 2.0 beta is released!

Jeff

Lord
Connect UO 2.0 beta is released!

That is right, finally, and nearly 1 year in the making ConnectUO 2.0 is finally unleashed on the public. This software is a much needed and much anticipated part of the Ultima Online free shard community, and I am please to announce it's release. Alot of hard work has gone into ConnectUO 2.0 from both the website side of things, and that client side of things.

This new version of ConnectUO was developed from the ground up. We put together a new database, windows client, web service, shard poller, forum UI (theme and server management backend). The requirements for ConnectUO were to make sure the 2.0 version was as solid as possible before release, and I think we have achieved this. We have spent a great deal of time to ensure that ConnectUO 2.0 would be as flawless as possible for it's public release, and have spent a lot of time taking input from beta testers and adding their suggested features to the application. We still anticipate some issues but hopefully the most severe are behind us. With the new version we are also asking that we get your feedback regarding features you want to see, or things you don't necessarily like about the current implementation of ConnectUO.

Anyway, on to the link, you can get it here and it is also located on the main connectuo page, and in the drop down list when you clic the ConnectUO button on below the ConnectUO logo.

Hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to your responses.
-Jeff

Crash1984

Wanderer
This is pretty awesome jeff, any idea when the next release is comming out?
scratch that, i check connectuo, totally amazing.

Thalas

Wanderer
Wow this is great thx Jeff no more needing to log on top 200 sites just to find a good shard and ending up
not be so good lol thx buddy the program looks nice a clean =]

:D

Murzin

Knight
this is just dissapointing...

all these different servers with very different version #s and of course if you have 1 client you cannot connect to another server that requires a different version...

so basically instead of being able to play multiple servers at the same time, you are limited to 1 shard at a time

would be nice if there was a way to play multiple shards at once without having multiple installs of the client

Murzin;818532 said:

all these different servers with very different version #s and of course if you have 1 client you cannot connect to another server that requires a different version...

so basically instead of being able to play multiple servers at the same time, you are limited to 1 shard at a time

would be nice if there was a way to play multiple shards at once without having multiple installs of the client
A, You're exaggerating, there's plenty of shards using the same client version
B, version differences, both client and server are nothing new, they've been around since the dawn of freeshards, lenientkick however, is kinda new, but can easily be disabled by server admins. There might also be a reason wyhy the shard owner wants you to use a specific version (ie the map changes from ml) and hasn't disabled it
and C, Theres really no way that ConnectUO can solve any of this. Disabling lenientkicking of lower client numbers is the shard owner's responsibility, and if you want to play shards using different client versions, its up to you to have separate client versions installed.

Jeff

Lord
Murzin;818532 said:

If a server restricts you to a specific version, what the hell am I suppose to do about that? That is the servers choice... not mine..