RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Final) PVM Re-Vamp

Description - My goal when starting this project was to balance out PVM and re-create it in a way where tamers where not the only class that were able to make money and enjoy playing. I Have created a way to balance out the PVM through slight script alterations and a gear system. Like many other current games, I have primarily based the entire thing off gear. Gear, built for different classes controls sub classes and allows for more interesting in depth PVM experience.

There are 5 tiers of gear with this system.

T1 - Obtained through a quest in the killing of 3 separate solo-able bosses. (Also AOS artifacts have a low drop chance off these bosses as well). This gear is very weak and optional to obtain. However will greatly benefit those just starting off.

T2 - Obtained through a quest in the killing of 3 separate non solo-able bosses.(Also AOS artifacts have a moderate drop chance off these bosses as well). This gear is moderately weak and also optional to obtain. It is a slight upgrade from the T1.

T3 - Obtained through crafters. 3 kits "a special sewing kit", "a special smith hammer", and "special fletcher tools" are available for purchase off of your local tailor, blacksmith, and bowyer. Players tailor, blacksmiths and bowyers with a skill of 90-100 are able to craft the T3 armor with the use of metals, gems, and other farm-able resources.

T4 - Obtained through drops off of specified monsters. With this package I give you re-vamped demon bone and ranger armor along with phoenix armor. The mobs they drop off are as such,
Daemon Bone - Built for hybrids, drops off all meers and efreets. The drop chance is low and so farming is required.
Ranger Armor - Built for mages, drops off juka mages and juka lords. The drop chance is low and so farming is required.
Phoenix Armor - Built for warriors, drops off phoenix. The drop chance is low and so farming is required.

T5 - Obtained through crafters. 3 kits "a rare smith hammer", "a rare sewing kit", and "rare fletching tools". These are obtained through 1 of three quests pending on the tool you wish to get. The mobs Meraktus, Twaulo, and Ilhenir are already set up to drop resources such as taint, blight, corruption, ect. 1 of each of the 6 resources must be handed in to 1 of the quest givers in return for a kit. Once you have obtained the kit you must slay Serado for an ingot of power. This resource is 1 of the resources required to craft all of the T5 artifacts. This along with another item obtained off various different mobiles, along with gems and other resources that are required to craft the item.

Example - Helm of revival you would need, 1 "ingot of power", 2 "holy tokens", 3 "white pearls", and 200 "Valorite Ingots".

It is an extensive craft system. Here is a spread of the T5 armors,

Revival/Nightbane - 2 suits setup with the same properties. They are geared for hybrids to wear such as paladins and necromancers. Focuses on spell/weapon damage and moderate recovery rates for both hp and mana
Rage - This is geared towards dps wth moderate survivability. Masters of the 1v1 in PVM.
Defender - This is a tank warrior, based on high str and low dex with moderate damage. Multi-Aggro player based.
Energy - This is a defensive mage suit. Focused on high mana recovery rates and lower mana cost with low spell damage. A support class so to speak, healers and such. (think priestish)
Power - This is an offensive mage suit, your nuker. High spell damage with high mana but low mana recovery.

New Secondary Resources required to craft T5
Power - Crystal of Power, drops off Blood Elementals
Energy - Magic Fragment, Drops off Evil Mages and Evil Mage Lords
Defender - Token of Valor, drops off Ronins
Rage - Heart of Rage, drops off Balrons
Revival - Holy Token, Drops off Yamatsu Priests
Nightbane, doesn't require special item, just lots and lots of bones.

There are also 4 new talismans that summon 1 of 2 mobs to assist the player in combat for a duration. Example, Mage Talisman summons either Ophidian Matriarch or a Phoenix to assist them.
Black Gate Demon drops them on chance ( Is included in package )

Other Changes Made
I have also altered the PlayerMobile.cs, BaseWeapon.cs, and BaseTalisman.cs. Along with everymonster mobile file in the game.
In the playermobile.cs file I have altered max elemental reisst from 70 - 80. I have altered max physical resist from 70 - 95. I have also increased the max STR, Dex, and INT cap to 200. This does NOT mean players are able to gain stat skill up to 200 it simply means the gear will allow them to reach a cut off point of 200 in a single stat. Also no single class will obtaine 200 in any more than 1 stat.
In the BaseWeapon.cs script I have increased the Bonus DMG % scale. It will now give players bonus damage with weapons up to 250%.
All of the monster mobiles have had hit points slightly increased, and have all been set to fight mode strongest rather than closest. This allows our tank warriors (the only ones that will obtain a max of 200 str) to always be the target and our dps warriors our secondary targets if the tank is to die. The mage classes having lower str would be left alone so long as the warriors on screen stay alive. As I've stated before unless you've tried this its truly incredible in the amount of difference there is in the game play with others using this idea.

A Moment of Thanks
To all of those whom have Pm'ed me and thanked me for the previous submissions on this project that I have made. Every thanks means a lot to me as it took a very long time to write all of this up. It has been extensively tested and has been seen fit to be called "Balanced" I do personally believe that warriors and mages are on the same level as tamers with this re-vamp and thanks to all of those whom supported me in this idea.

Testing
REMEMBER! When testing ANY crafted artifact always craft it. Do not just [add "Item". When items are crafted they gain elemental properties as well as additional damage, ect. =)

Changes Made to files....
In BaseTalisman.cs this was changed...
Code:
private static Type[] m_Summons = new Type[]
        {
            typeof( SummonedAntLion ),
            typeof( LichLord ),
            typeof( SkeletalDragon ),
            typeof( OrcBrute ),
            typeof( ElderGazer ),
            typeof( ShadowKnight ),
            typeof( SummonedDoppleganger ),
            typeof( EtherealWarrior ),
            typeof( Pixie ),
            typeof( SummonedArcticOgreLord ),
            typeof( OphidianMatriarch ),
            typeof( SummonedBakeKitsune ),
            typeof( Phoenix ),
            typeof( SummonedSkeletalKnight ),
            typeof( SummonedWailingBanshee ),
            typeof( SummonedChicken ),
            typeof( SummonedVorpalBunny ),

typeof( Board ),
            typeof( IronIngot ),
            typeof( Bandage ),
        };
In Playermobile.cs this was changed.... This changes max resistances for players.
Code:
public override int GetMaxResistance( ResistanceType type )
{
if ( AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player )
return int.MaxValue;

int max = base.GetMaxResistance( type );

if ( type != ResistanceType.Physical && 60 < max && Spells.Fourth.CurseSpell.UnderEffect( this ) )
max = 60;

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Energy )
max += 10; //Intended to go after the 60 max from curse

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Fire )

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Cold )

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Poison )

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Physical )
max += 25; //Intended to go after the 60 max from curse

return max;
}

This is what changes the max stat cap with gear on for the players...Still located in playermobile.cs.
Code:
[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
        public override int Str
        {
            get
            {
                if( Core.ML && this.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player )
                    return Math.Min( base.Str, 200 );

return base.Str;
            }
            set
            {
                base.Str = value;
            }
        }

public override int Int
        {
            get
            {
                    return Math.Min( base.Int, 200 );

return base.Int;
            }
            set
            {
                base.Int = value;
            }
        }

public override int Dex
        {
            get
            {
                    return Math.Min( base.Dex, 200 );

return base.Dex;
            }
            set
            {
                base.Dex = value;
            }
        }

In BaseWeapon.cs this was changed....This is what changes the max damage % bonus.

Code:
    if ( damageBonus > 300 )

damageBonus = 300;

Installation
Total: 908 Files
Delete the current following...
Playermobile.cs
BaseWeapon.cs
BaseTalisman.cs
Entire Daemonbone file located in your Items/Armor file
Entire Ranger Armor file located in your Items/Armor file
Your entire Mobile folder, If you have custom mobiles in these folders then I would suggest for you to remove them from the current mobile folder they are in and place them in the new one that I provide. I would then think of altering new mobile you have from fight style Closest, to Strongest.
Download the file I provide and drop entire file in your Scripts folder and run the server.

Attachments

• PVM Re-Vamp.rar
    872.6 KB · Views: 35
.... which lines have u changed in playermobile - basecreature and basetalisman? =)
Write it in the post and make all text in white

Sorry for the text color, I didnt have an issue reading it however doesn't mean others wont though haha. I hope this helps. SospiriumShard I also put up the changes in the 3 files you asked about =)

Gamble

Traveler
so is there a quest npc or something we need to spawn in game in order to start this? I saw the wisp things but I already have an artifact system that uses them

so is there a quest npc or something we need to spawn in game in order to start this? I saw the wisp things but I already have an artifact system that uses them

As I stated above, the first 2 Tier sets are from a quest giver yes. You may possibly be referring to a previous release of mine with the T1-T3 quests. If this is the case remove it entirely and replace it with these. There's really only the T1-T2 wisp brothers (wich those of you whom wish to re-edit the quests story line may easily do) that you need to spawn. Besides that the special kits will be sold on blacksmith, tailor and bowyer. Then the T5 quests you'll need to spawn the 3 quest givers to be able to obtain the rare tools which craft the T5 artifacts. And as stated above T4 spawns off the mobs I listed.

*These are your T1-T2 quest mobiles*
[Add Wispbrother1
[Add Wispbrother2

*These kits spawn off the vendors however*
[Add SpecialSewingKit
[Add SpecialSmithHammer
[Add SpecialFletchingTools

*These are the quest mobiles for the rare kits (T5)*
[Add SmithMobile
[Add TailorMobile
[Add FletchingMobile

*These are the kits obtained from the above mobiles after completion of the quest*
[Add RareSewingKit
[Add RareSmithHammer
[Add RareFletchingTools

Other than these basically follow the resources listed on the kits to craft the items.

Hope this helps, your question was somewhat vague as to what it is you where trying to "start"? Its a system of modified changes and new items. Basically you strap up in the new gears provided (remember to craft the artifacts that are craft able and not just add them for reasons stated above) and then go hack and slash and try it out. You'll notice a difference especially those whom have a decent amount of players on the server. I suppose think of how games like WoW operate. Multi class system everyone has a part. Well now with this system you have tanks, melee dps, support mages (aka Healers), and Magic dps. You can custom mobs and bosses now using this system to be stronger requiring 3-4 people with different job functions to beat them. For example if you have a tank hes not gonna go down quick if geared well, your healer can keep him up, he will be the only one directly attacked due to his high str and the dps can go to town. =)

Gamble

Traveler
Ok i am really trying to get this to work. i deleted your old system and copied everything over to mine. I am now getting these errors

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ForkUO - [http://www.forkuo.craftuo.com] Version 0.2, Build 4738.32758
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Optimizing for 8 64-bit processors
OpenUO Error: Client files not found.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 34 errors, 18 warnings
Warnings:
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Exit Quest/ExitNPC.cs:
    CS0105: Line 11: The using directive for 'Server.Gumps' appeared previously
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Kill Quests/Chellendir/ChellendirNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Kill Quests/Lirandor/LirandorNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Kill Quests/Maendir/MaendirNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Kill Quests/Mofabi/MofabiNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Kill Quests/Sileac/SileacNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Kill Quests/Skolni/SkolniNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Kill Quests/Taidil/TaidilNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Kill Quests/Vynindi/VynindiNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Purchase Quests/BoneHarvesterNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Purchase Quests/CompositeBowNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Purchase Quests/DrumNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Purchase Quests/NightSightPotionNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Purchase Quests/PlateLegsNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Purchase Quests/RingArmsNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Purchase Quests/StuddedChestNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Customs/Quest & Vendors/Purchase Quests/WarForkNPC.cs:
in this namespace
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/SlasherOfVeils.cs:
    CS0114: Line 133: 'Server.Mobiles.SlasherOfVeils.FireRing()' hides inherited
member 'Server.Mobiles.BasePeerless.FireRing()'. To make the current member ove
rride that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keywo
rd.
Errors:
+ Mobiles/Monsters/Arachnid/Virulent.cs:
    CS0115: Line 55: 'Server.Mobiles.Virulent.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable
method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/LadyJennifyr.cs:
    CS0115: Line 62: 'Server.Mobiles.LadyJennifyr.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suit
able method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/LadyMarai.cs:
    CS0115: Line 61: 'Server.Mobiles.LadyMarai.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitabl
e method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterJonath.cs:
    CS0115: Line 71: 'Server.Mobiles.MasterJonath.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suit
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterMikael.cs:
    CS0115: Line 70: 'Server.Mobiles.MasterMikael.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suit
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterTheophilus.cs:
    CS0115: Line 67: 'Server.Mobiles.MasterTheophilus.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no
suitable method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/RedDeath.cs:
    CS0115: Line 58: 'Server.Mobiles.RedDeath.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable
method found to override
    CS0115: Line 79: 'Server.Mobiles.RedDeath.BreathChaosDamage': no suitable me
thod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/SirPatrick.cs:
    CS0115: Line 61: 'Server.Mobiles.SirPatrick.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitab
le method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Miasma.cs:
    CS0115: Line 79: 'Server.Mobiles.Miasma.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable m
ethod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Pyre.cs:
    CS0115: Line 52: 'Server.Mobiles.Pyre.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable met
hod found to override
    CS0115: Line 66: 'Server.Mobiles.Pyre.HasAura': no suitable method found to
override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Rend.cs:
    CS0115: Line 49: 'Server.Mobiles.Rend.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable met
hod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Painted Caves/Grobu.cs:
    CS0115: Line 59: 'Server.Mobiles.Grobu.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable me
thod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Painted Caves/Lurg.cs:
    CS0115: Line 50: 'Server.Mobiles.Lurg.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable met
hod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Palace of Paroxysmus/Putrefier.cs:
    CS0115: Line 68: 'Server.Mobiles.Putrefier.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitabl
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Prism of Light/CorporealBrume.cs:
    CS0115: Line 47: 'Server.Mobiles.CorporealBrume.HasAura': no suitable method
found to override
    CS0115: Line 54: 'Server.Mobiles.CorporealBrume.AuraInterval': no suitable m
ethod found to override
    CS0115: Line 61: 'Server.Mobiles.CorporealBrume.AuraRange': no suitable meth
od found to override
    CS0115: Line 68: 'Server.Mobiles.CorporealBrume.AuraBaseDamage': no suitable
method found to override
    CS0115: Line 75: 'Server.Mobiles.CorporealBrume.AuraFireDamage': no suitable
method found to override
    CS0115: Line 82: 'Server.Mobiles.CorporealBrume.AuraColdDamage': no suitable
method found to override
    CS0115: Line 95: 'Server.Mobiles.CorporealBrume.AuraEffect(Server.Mobile)':
no suitable method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Gnaw.cs:
    CS0115: Line 57: 'Server.Mobiles.Gnaw.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable met
hod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Guile.cs:
    CS0115: Line 63: 'Server.Mobiles.Guile.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable me
thod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Irk.cs:
    CS0115: Line 75: 'Server.Mobiles.Irk.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable meth
od found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/LadyLissith.cs:
    CS0115: Line 66: 'Server.Mobiles.LadyLissith.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suita
ble method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/LadySabrix.cs:
    CS0115: Line 72: 'Server.Mobiles.LadySabrix.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitab
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Malefic.cs:
    CS0115: Line 57: 'Server.Mobiles.Malefic.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable
method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Silk.cs:
    CS0115: Line 50: 'Server.Mobiles.Silk.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable met
hod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Spite.cs:
    CS0115: Line 63: 'Server.Mobiles.Spite.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable me
thod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Swoop.cs:
    CS0115: Line 87: 'Server.Mobiles.Swoop.CanFly': no suitable method found to
override
    CS0115: Line 94: 'Server.Mobiles.Swoop.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable me
thod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/Reptile/Named/Abscess.cs:
    CS0115: Line 70: 'Server.Mobiles.Abscess.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable
method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/Reptile/Named/Coil.cs:
    CS0115: Line 70: 'Server.Mobiles.Coil.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable met
hod found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/Reptile/Named/Thrasher.cs:
    CS0115: Line 45: 'Server.Mobiles.Thrasher.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitable
method found to override
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/Bedlam/LadyMelisande.cs:
    CS0115: Line 141: 'Server.Mobiles.LadyMelisande.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no su
itable method found to override
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/Bedlam/MonstrousInterredGrizzle.cs:
    CS0115: Line 73: 'Server.Mobiles.MonstrousInterredGrizzle.GivesMLMinorArtifa
ct': no suitable method found to override
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/Medusa's Lair/Medusa.cs:
    CS0115: Line 113: 'Server.Mobiles.Medusa.GivesSAArtifact': no suitable metho
d found to override
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/Palace of Paroxysmus/ChiefParoxysmus.cs:
    CS0115: Line 50: 'Server.Mobiles.ChiefParoxysmus.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no s
uitable method found to override
    CS0115: Line 71: 'Server.Mobiles.ChiefParoxysmus.CanAreaPoison': no suitable
method found to override
    CS0115: Line 78: 'Server.Mobiles.ChiefParoxysmus.HitAreaPoison': no suitable
method found to override
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/Stygian Dragon Lair/CrimsonDragon.cs:
    CS0115: Line 79: 'Server.Mobiles.CrimsonDragon.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no sui
table method found to override
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/The Citadel/Travesty.cs:
    CS0115: Line 128: 'Server.Mobiles.Travesty.CanAnimateDead': no suitable meth
od found to override
    CS0115: Line 135: 'Server.Mobiles.Travesty.Animates': no suitable method fou
nd to override
    CS0115: Line 142: 'Server.Mobiles.Travesty.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitabl
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/Twisted Weald/DreadHorn.cs:
    CS0115: Line 103: 'Server.Mobiles.DreadHorn.GivesMLMinorArtifact': no suitab
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

It would appear to me that your server is missing custom mobiles that you must have removed when removing your mobiles folder and replacing it with the one I provide. You need to remove ALL of your costume mobiles out of your Mobiles folder and place them in the new Mobiles folder I gave you.

Also are you using any a custom playermobile.cs? If you were previously and you replace it with the one I gave you, then that will potentially pose many problems for you. If your playermobile.cs was customized before you replaced it use your old one and go in and edit the lines I provided above. If you still have trouble with that then attach your playermobile.cs to a download file and I'll edit it for you.

Also if you had the server running before you took out those scripts then put them back. I dont know if it was my system you were using before, but by the look of the errors it was not. My suggestion would be this.

*Starting from the way your server was before you added my files.
*If your playermobile.cs is pre customed then edit the lines i stated above. If it is not and theres nothing special edited on your playermobile.cs then delete the file entirly.
*Delete your BaseWeapon.cs unless again it is pre edited and then in which case you read above the changed lines and edit those changes in.
*Delete your basetalisman.cs file unless again its edited then blah blah
Delete your entire folder of daemonbone and ranger armor. It is located in Scripts/Items/Armor
*Then if you have custome mobiles in your mobiles folder located in Scripts/Mobiles remove any custome mobs (New creatures) you have made and place them in the Mobiles folder I provided. Then replace old Mobiles folder with the new one.
*Server should run fine now.

After you follow these steps if you still have errors please post them up.

Gamble

Traveler
This is what I did ... I edited my existing cs files because I do have custom ones. I took your mobiles and pasted them inside mine because I have more mobiles than the ones u have. All my custom ones are in a customs folder and did not get touched. All the errors were talking about not having something to override

This is what I did ... I edited my existing cs files because I do have custom ones. I took your mobiles and pasted them inside mine because I have more mobiles than the ones u have. All my custom ones are in a customs folder and did not get touched. All the errors were talking about not having something to override
Okay PM me and send me your baseweapon.cs, playermobile.cs, and basetalisman.cs Ill edit them for you and send you them. Then see what you come up with. I don't see myself where your issue lies, but if the only files are those 3 being altered then its in those I would think.

dazedmouse

Sorceror
I have a question? If 3 files is all that you made changes to then why do we need the other 901 files??? Is there other changes you made to them?