RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GameMaster "[mark" command

GameMaster "[mark" command

I made this out of necessity since my shard has disabled the mark command spell. It took a bit more doing than I thought it would at first, but I got it after poking around the scripts for the mark spell and the Malas rune marking containers. It's still a little crude, but it works. It doesn't perform any of the checks that the normal mark spell performs. I wrote it this way since it's supposed to be for staff characters only anyhow. It shouldn't be too difficult to change that if you really want to. :p

Just put it in your scripts folder and restart your shard, then type "[mark" and target the rune you wish to mark. Enjoy~! :)

Feel free to post any comments or bug reports on this thread.

Attachments

• MarkCMD.cs
    1.5 KB · Views: 223

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
IndigoParadox said:
I made this out of necessity since my shard has disabled the mark command spell. It took a bit more doing than I thought it would at first, but I got it after poking around the scripts for the mark spell and the Malas rune marking containers. It's still a little crude, but it works. It doesn't perform any of the checks that the normal mark spell performs. I wrote it this way since it's supposed to be for staff characters only anyhow. It shouldn't be too difficult to change that if you really want to. :p

Just put it in your scripts folder and restart your shard, then type "[mark" and target the rune you wish to mark. Enjoy~! :)

Feel free to post any comments or bug reports on this thread.
Comment:
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now i can mark easily with out spell book =D, but my travel book has all locations I need...but thanks a lot! this way i can save time marking runes =D tyvm!

Ah! I wasn't aware of the [cast command. Ah well! I did learn some things writing this though, so it wasn't a loss at all. :D

On my shard the mark spell is disabled because I only want players to be able to return to a place they've been. There is a mechanism at major landmarks to give them a rune to recall (not gate) at a later time. I just don't like the lack of exploration and lack of interaction that unrestricted mark brings with it, if that makes sense. ^^;

Murzin

Knight
what you should have done is in the mark spell setup an access level control...

if accesslevel = player
send message you cannot seem to say the mantra correctly!
else
normal routine

that would have been much easier no?

Quantos

Lord
IndigoParadox said:
Ah! I wasn't aware of the [cast command. Ah well! I did learn some things writing this though, so it wasn't a loss at all. :D

On my shard the mark spell is disabled because I only want players to be able to return to a place they've been. There is a mechanism at major landmarks to give them a rune to recall (not gate) at a later time. I just don't like the lack of exploration and lack of interaction that unrestricted mark brings with it, if that makes sense. ^^;

I would recommend reading the documentation in your server directory. It will list all of the commands that are available. If, that is, you have generated the documentation in [admin.

Limitmaker

Wanderer
IndigoParadox said:

That's a really good idea...*jots that down*

Nagash

Sorceror
You could also just make it not avaliable in so many other ways. One of those is just like they said, rise its acess level. Another would be taking it out of loot.cs and lootpack.cs, and making sure no vendor would sell it.