RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting ConnectUO to work (enough at least)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Getting ConnectUO to work (enough at least)

EDIT: I have added Pictures to the FAQ courtesy of FingersMcSteal...thanks for letting me use your image's for this.

Ok to get ConnectUO to work, you can use the following steps. But there are a few things to know before doing this.

1) The serverlist won't update. You may or may not be able to use that to connect to the shards
so
2) You will need the server's information that you want to play on...this is the IP and any patch URL's

So...here ya go!

Step 1

Open ConnectUO

It should crash, but the window will stay up...it will look something like this:

Go to the tools menu and open the options.

Step 2

In the options, you will see a tab labeled browser. Click the browser tab.

In there, there is an option for template. Change the template to default.

Your screen will look something like this:

Hit ok.

Step 3

Close and restart ConnectUO.

When it restarts, you should see the old serverlisting, and be able to go to your favorites, and add a local server. If you get the information from the server admin of the shard you want to play on, you can then add them as a local server and have access to playing on there.

The add server screen is seen here:

The patch URL is for the patchlist.txt and the Update URL is for the changelog (if any) for the server you are adding....you don't need these to play, but if the server uses patches, you should get this from your admin then.

For me this has worked and patching also works by doing this. Good luck and let me know if there is anything that i may be able to help with