RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Global Commands

KnitePrince

Sorceror
I've been searching on and off for about a week with limited success. I have found a lot of individual commands posted to help with specific problems, but nothing explaining global commands, (or the dangers)
I had a co admin trying to fix a spawner and they managed to turn every item in the entire world into a spawner.. that was interesting....

anyhow.. something on global commands woukld be great, or a point toward it if its already written!!!
I know how to add something to players packs;
[global addtopack whitepearl where playermobile
[global addtopack whitepearl where playermobile map != null (to get just the online players)

My issue is.. if I want to add 10 white pearls;
[global addtopack whitepearl 10 where playermobile map != null

this returns; "Usage WhitePearl"
Does the number need to be in quotations or brackets??? How do I add multiples?

I have also been looking for a way, to add other things to players packs... I have seen an admin, create an item.. like a chocolate bunny, name it, and then somehow dupe it to every players pack thats online.. something like [global dupetopack etc... many interesting and useful global commands if someone can FIND them, learn them, and safely use them....

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
[global addtopack whitepearl set amount 10 name "Wow, this actually works ;-)" hue 1 where playermobile map != internal

After set write property name followed by value and repeat as often as needed. You should test this with [add btw. before adding crap to everyone's backpacks ;-)

KnitePrince

Sorceror
very cool! That does work! I like the hue modifier too! Tyvm Blitz!
Anyone have any idea how to create an item.. say.. an apple.. set it to the shrubnken ID of a bunny, set the color, set the name chocolate bunny.. then distribute a copy of it to everyone?
i am writing down these commands.. eventually I will post them for everyones use..

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
Just follow the pattern above.
[global addtopack [class name of item to add] set [property name] [value] [property name] [value] ... where [class name to use as filter] [property name] [comparison expression] [value]

So in your case: Add a bunny, shrink it, use
Code:
[get itemid
on it. Then use it in the following command (replace 123 with the actual itemid you just retrieved and 456 with the hue you want to use)
Code:
[global addtopack apple set itemid 123 hue 456 name "Chocolate bunny" where playermobile skills.wrestling < 100

I just added the wrestling filter just to show how to do that. I think you can continue from here on your own.

KnitePrince

Sorceror
Nice Blitz!! Thank you.. i knew it was possible, just couldn't figure out how. Your simple, straight forward explanation has opened a whole world of possibilities!