RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I remove factions from felucca / move them to trammel easily?

Oreot

Sorceror
How do I remove factions from felucca / move them to trammel easily?

Removing factions from Felucca easily (using RC2)

I had this issue and I looked around and didn't see this particular answer spelled out. I sort of winged it and it seems to have worked great. Long story short, I had factions and no playerbase to support them. Rather than go around deleting things and making it messy Scarand suggested in another post, moving the factions to Trammel, works great if you aren't using Tram or just want factions in Trammel instead. Here is how I did that with one little edit.
Go to engines/factions/core/faction.cs
go to approx line 1189 or just search Felucca. Edit Felucca to Trammel.

To generate the items on Trammel go in game and type
[generatefactions

To remove the items from Felucca, go around and use [remove
(should be easy to find all the items using [go )

If you have players already in factions type [factionreset to kick them out of factions altogether

The best part is it should be a matter of reversing these steps to re-institute factions later if you so choose.

I hope this helps somebody, it took me some hunting and some playing around to get this answer.

*(I have not tested this using a client patched to 6.0.0.0 and above, My understanding is patching changes the map and I cannot vouch for its effectiveness)