RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ice Staff

S

soundwav

Ice Staff

im working on making an ice staff kinda like in the osi shards but when you click on it it says its a blackstaff, i used the blackstaff as a base image but changed the hue to 0x480 and even set up its name (like how mounts have) anyone know how to change this to make it stop saying blackstaff??

SickLab

Wanderer
[code:1]
public override void OnSingleClick( Mobile from )
{
this.LabelTo( from, 1041335 );
}
[/code:1]

wich, 1041335 is a localized message.

you can also put a string if you can't find your name in the cli file.

S

soundwav

thanx that helps alot. one more thing is there a list of all items and #'s in the cli file anywhere?

S

soundwav

thanx for the help i got that done now i have to set up the magic properties but im not sure how to do it i want to make a menu so you can activeate the magic any ideas of how to do this.

S

soundwav

my main question is how do you make an item cast a spell if i know this i can stumble threw making the rest.

krrios

Administrator
[code:1]using Server.Spells;
using Server.Spells.Sixth;

public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
{
new EnergyBoltSpell( from, null ).Cast();
}[/code:1]

S

soundwav

ok im working on making the menu for the ice staff but im having some problems (cause i really dont know what im doing)

i made a context menu entry (using eatentry as a base) and i added a get context menu entry in the icestaff script but i keep getting errors when i try to start the server cause it doesnt know the namespace's im trying to use i dont know what to do. this is the context menu entry script i have its probly all wrong but im working on learning by trial and error.

[code:1]using System;
using Server.Scripts.Items;

namespace Server.ContextMenus
{
public class IceStaffEntry : ContextMenuEntry
{
private Mobile m_From;
private BaseWeapon m_BaseWeapon;

public IceStaffEntry( Mobile from, BaseWeapon staff ) : base( 6135, from.InRange( BaseWeapon.GetWorldLocation(), 1 ) )
{
m_From = from;
m_BaseWeapon = staff;
}

public override void OnClick()
{
if ( !m_BaseWeapon.Cast && m_From.InRange( m_BaseWeapon.GetWorldLocation(), 1 ) )
m_BaseWeapon.Cast( m_From );
}
}
}[/code:1]

any help would be great

S

soundwav

anyone know if there is a away to change the hue of an effect such as a spell?? with out adding new graphics!

Edited:

By the way i got it almost done. minus the menu tho i may change it to command words (osi has it this way) and not a menu tho i dont know how to do that eather.