RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing old UO sprites

elysianhero

Sorceror
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

As many of you no doubt know, UO used to have some really cool looking sprites back in the pre-Third Dawn era. Daemons were particularly cool looking. Sometime around LBR, I think, they started replacing the beautiful 2D sprites with 2D render of the 3D models from Third Dawn. Particularly strange looking are the 3D orcs. Why they did this I will never know, since UO really has some breathtaking artwork.

I happen to have old copies of UO with the old sprites. How could I go about replacing the new sprites with the old ones? I am somewhat familiar with UOFiddler, which I imagine may be useful for this.

m309

Squire
If they are in .vd format, I'm pretty sure you can simply overwrite the horrible choppy 3d renders by going into the "Animation Editor" within the dropdown on the Animation tab of Fiddler. Once you're in there just right click and replace.