RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

InsideUO ID's Dont match

InsideUO ID's Dont match

:?: ok so i was about to dig into this. i wanted to be a hero and write a little script for every damn thing in the game but i found that the hex id's reported by inside uo are not accurate. am i misunderstanding something ?

S

soundwav

If you use InsideUO to get the decimal number

of a sound,(decimal is used when making sound

objects) Remember to subtract 1 from that number

to get the correct sound that you want. InsideUO

starts numbering the sounds with "1" instead of

"0" so the number is reported 1 higher than it

should be.

not sure if this goes for everthing tho.

:arrow: ok, making progress. thank you for replying. that isnt actually what i meant but it certainly sent me in the right direction.

i figured some stuff out ( thanx to you)
anything in "high details" catagory is 1 number higher.
~i.e. Inside UO reports an Ape to be 0x1c. but to script it you ned to use 0x1D.
anything in "low details" and "people & stuff" is exactly as it is reported.
~i.e. an aligator is 0xCA and should be scripted as 0xCA
but the"LBR Monsters" catagory mistifies me. cant find any logic at all !"
~i.e an im reports as 0x11 but scripts as 0x4A. ~ a shade reports as 17 but is scripted as 1A. retarded no ?

A

Allmight

dd

What LBR client do you run on, 2D or 3D?

If you have the 3D one you can get all model numbers in the models folder. There is a file there called models.txt where every number is listed for weapons, armor and creatures. I think that file is located in the script submission forums as well.

Eagle

Wanderer
For myself ( everyone else seem opsite so far ) the way it works when i script NPC's is if the ID at the bottom of the screen in InsideUO says something like 29(0x1D) then in my script I would use .Body = 0x1E; and it shows up correctly in game ( as a harpie ). How I came about getting that number is taking the InsideUO value OUTSIDE the parenthesis ( the decmal value ) or 29 and +1 to it , then I take that number 30 and put it in Windows Calc.exe to convert it from DEC to HEX and that is 1E , just add the 0x back on and your good to go ;)

Like I said it seems ot be the exact opsite for everyone else they way they are talking but that works for me and may help you.

-Eagle Out

Dian

Sorceror
I believe i put that models.txt Allmight refered to, in the RunUO Scripts archive section, for everyone to have, if they dont have a 3d client folder to get it from :)
It is a must have, if you want the true graphics id#'s

yep. i saw that file. i looked at it and cried. i dont understand what to do with it. replied to that post. where do the grapic ID's go in the script ?

or ...
:idea: am i sapossed to plug that number into calc then hex it ?!
if thats the case please ifnore me. if im wrong please schedual a brain transplant for me.

:?
ok that worked. one more question ....
how do i use the older ( and way cooler) deamon animations ? those seem to load the new ones ( which suck) :evil:

Delta

Wanderer
forkoffanddie said:
:?
ok that worked. one more question ....
how do i use the older ( and way cooler) deamon animations ? those seem to load the new ones ( which suck) :evil:
]

Actually I love the new animations better then the old ones :)

:shock: you LIKE the new anims better ?!?
welp. i guess you can. i guess thats ok.
but like them more / like them less its still a good idea to exploit all resorces avbailable to you no ? how do i use em. and how do i use the old shade (also better for the record). anyone know ?

welp when i try to use the old deamon animation it just loads the new one for some retarded reason. and when i try to use the old shade animation it totaly crashes. this pains me greatly. anyone know how to use em ?

Snotrag

Wanderer
This is written by dementa it might help you.......

Monsters
ID Name
174 Abyss Lord
798 Ancient Wyrm
787 Ant Lion
784 Arcane Daemon
40 Balron
38 Black Gate Daemon
769 Blackthron
767 Blackthron Betrayer
768 Blackthron Juggarnought
780 Bog Thing
779 Bogling
101 Centuar
792 Chaos Daemon
774 Dawn
10 Daemon
755 Destroyet Gargoyle
777 Doppelganger
11 Dread Spider
754 Enforcer Gargoyle
753 Enslaved Gargoyle
123 Ethernal Warrior
124 Evil Mage
125 Evil Mage Lord
102 Exodus
757 Exodus Minion
763 Exodus Minion lord
756 Exodus Overseer
782 Fire Ant Warrior
781 Fire Ant Worker
783 Fire Ant Queen
130 Fire Gargoyle
20 Frost Spider
175 Forest Lord
176 Forest Queen
785 Four Armed Daemon
28 Giant Spider
776 Horde Daemon Small
795 Horde Daemon Medium
796 Horde Daemon Large
43 Ice Feind
74 Imp
752 Iron Golem
766 Juka Lord
765 Juka Mage
764 Juka Warrior
77 Kraken
773 Meer Captian
772 Meer Eternal
770 Meer Mage
771 Meer Warrior
999 Multi Colored Horde Daemon
154 Mummy
189 Orc Brute
182 Orc Bomber
181 Orc Mage
128 Pixie
775 Plague Beast
789 Quagmire
797 Reptile Lord
103 Serpentine dragon
26 Shade
146 Shadowlord
758 Shop keep Gagoyle
104 Skeletal Dragon
148 Skeleton Mage
788 Sphinx
173 Spider Lord
67 Stone Gargoyle
149 Succubus
778 Swarm
76 Titan
152 Teranthan Avenger
62 Wyvern

Mounts
ID Name
799 Armored Swamp Dragon
170 Ethereal Lama
171 Ethereal Ostard
791 Giant Beatle
132 Kirin
187 Ridgeback
188 Savage Ridgeback
793 Skeletal mount
794 Swamp Dragon
122 Unicorn

welp. actually Eagle tought me how to use the calc to figure the ID out ( see above). but that little list would make a nice pin up near my monitor. thank you.

.... however. i still dont know how to use old animations. and i want to so very badly.