RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

issue with tele on some static

Blind Look

Sorceror
i've modified core to allow usage of sa enhanced client
but i've some issue with some static
i mean
when i use "tele" "m tele" or "props"( same with all client ) on some specific static( like marble block, slab of wood), nothing happens i noticed that all static with issue have graphic with a height
i can teleport or props on all other

I was wondering where they manage the static, and what I could be wrong

Jeff

Lord
They arent really managed anywhere, it is read directly from the UO files. Any number of things could be the issue, hard for us to tell you without know what you changed...

Acronis

Sorceror
I had the exact same issue among many others while trying to get my shard to be compatible, which I did end up being successful in, but lost track of everything I did lol.

First thing to try, go in network/packethandlers.cs and look for the TargetResponse() function. Compare yours with SVN. I believe that's part of the issue. EA really threw a curve ball with this update. Not only was there lot of packet changes, but lot of file changes in how tile data stuff is to be handled. Not an easy update, but it's worth it for the new boats. :D

Basically, you pretty much have to compare with SVN all the tile, statics etc related files, as well as packets.

Lot of places have a 0x3FFF with an OR and it has to be changed to 0x7FFF. In SVN they used a variable instead, so future changes should be easier.

Also don't forget to update your mul files on the server.

Blind Look

Sorceror
I had the exact same issue among many others while trying to get my shard to be compatible, which I did end up being successful in, but lost track of everything I did lol.

First thing to try, go in network/packethandlers.cs and look for the TargetResponse() function. Compare yours with SVN. I believe that's part of the issue. EA really threw a curve ball with this update. Not only was there lot of packet changes, but lot of file changes in how tile data stuff is to be handled. Not an easy update, but it's worth it for the new boats. :D

Basically, you pretty much have to compare with SVN all the tile, statics etc related files, as well as packets.

Lot of places have a 0x3FFF with an OR and it has to be changed to 0x7FFF. In SVN they used a variable instead, so future changes should be easier.

Also don't forget to update your mul files on the server.

Great it's TargetResponse() missing a little HS part :D
but now i've found another issue with baselight, now i try to fix it ^^