RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modify UO

S

shadeuo

Modify UO

Anyone know how to work this program? i downloaded it and ive got no idea how to use it. a tutorial would be nice

Phantom

Knight
Very isn't for any emulator like most .mul editors...

There is no documentation for Modify UO, and you will have issues if you have AOS or LBR installed ( doesn't support the new clients, and those installations do not come with a verdata.mul a required file for it to work. ).

There are other programs that work better, do a search and use those.

rlitt3

Wanderer
I know for sure that the LBR 2d client will read and use a verdata.mul file if one is present. I know this from 1st hand experience. I also believe AOS 2d client will as well; I'll have to verify it though. As most know, any 3d client will not recognize a verdata.mul file.

Phantom

Knight
rlitt3 said:
I know for sure that the LBR 2d client will read and use a verdata.mul file if one is present. I know this from 1st hand experience. I also believe AOS 2d client will as well; I'll have to verify it though. As most know, any 3d client will not recognize a verdata.mul file.

I didn't say the 2d would read it, its just no longer used.

rlitt3

Wanderer
Sorry bout that Phantom. You can create a blank verdata.mul using michelangelo (I'm sure there are other ways to make one; that's just what I do) and put into the UO directory. After that, modifyUO will work.

S

shadeuo

ok so lets pretend you do have a verdata.mul (i do for the ridables) how do i edit any thing using ModifyUO? I tried making a new skill and it gave me some sort of patch file i think? how do I patch this if it is a patch?

bleis

Sorceror
rlitt3 said:
Sorry bout that Phantom. You can create a blank verdata.mul using michelangelo (I'm sure there are other ways to make one; that's just what I do) and put into the UO directory. After that, modifyUO will work.

I can verify that, Its what I did, but do you know how I redraw an axe, I would like to take a normal axe and make it larger, how do I do that, do I have to altre all animations of it or is there a way to do it ....

rlitt3

Wanderer
You can easily edit the gump and the item tile but animations you have to edit every single frame of the animation. (which is around 1000 bmps per item) All you do is right click on an open slot for your gump and for your art tile and load the bmp. This will create a *.muo file. Then you use michelangelo or similar program to patch the *.muo file into the verdata.mul file. Then you have to edit tiledata.mul to link the item tile to the gump. Believe me, all this might be more trouble than it is worth. The above info is just the tip of the iceburg as far as all you need to know to accomplish all this. I could write a book on how to do all this stuff; I just wish I had all the time in the world to do all this stuff too.

MadenMind

Wanderer
instead of redrawing every frame you could use 3D Studio Max or GMax to make a 3D sword, make animations how it should move in the animations and then render the whole thing.

I think the weapons are soo small that you don't really see the difference between rendered weps and drawn weps in UO

S

shadeuo

ok heres a question. I got some patch files off the web patched them to my verdata.mul with mikey. now on the tiledata how do i go about doing this? btw i aded some new char animations I see them in inside uo but in game i cant figure out the id#'s insideuo is not very good with animation #'s. any ideas?