RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.mul File Editing

Mideon

Page
.mul File Editing

Hello folks,

I have recently been looking into the SDK for it's capacity to read various mul files. I am interested in learning more on how the mul files actually work....

What I want to ask is..does anyone have any resources that explain how these files are setup in somewhat plain terms? Or at least something I could wade through? Would make the SDK code easier for me to read, and much easier for me to create a tool with it.

My many thanks,

Cheers.

Mideon

Page
Ah thanks, I just came across that one too, anyone else found any others? I'm not a computer programmer by nature...just do this as a hobby. Some of the lingo and the formulas he jumps to kinda don't make sense. I will of course muddle through...but curious if there are other resources out there? With the amount of patching programs..I assume there may be other sources.

Thanks for the post though, I do appreciate it.

Jeff

Lord
Mideon;793124 said:
Ah thanks, I just came across that one too, anyone else found any others? I'm not a computer programmer by nature...just do this as a hobby. Some of the lingo and the formulas he jumps to kinda don't make sense. I will of course muddle through...but curious if there are other resources out there? With the amount of patching programs..I assume there may be other sources.

The krrios file formats page is the best one. All the rest explain it in C syntax, which of course is a bit harder to understand for someone without a programming background.

Kitchen_

Sorceror
Mideon;793124 said:

What are you trying to accomplish?

Mideon

Page
Just expanding my knowledge atm. It may turn into a form of patcher, then again it might not. I know there are other tools out there for this sort of thing, but none of them are currently ideal, I'd like to have a better understanding to try and design a new patching method.

Pipedream of course atm, but again, I am just looking into how the files are structured so I can learn how to manipulate them.

Kitchen_

Sorceror
Mideon;793145 said:
Just expanding my knowledge atm. It may turn into a form of patcher, then again it might not. I know there are other tools out there for this sort of thing, but none of them are currently ideal, I'd like to have a better understanding to try and design a new patching method.

Pipedream of course atm, but again, I am just looking into how the files are structured so I can learn how to manipulate them.

3.3 Data Organization

I suggest reading that chapter.