RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My core mods: for those without console

Asmoug

Wanderer
My core mods: for those without console

Maybe we are the last on earth to run a RunUO server without console access, maybe not.
I've developed some small features that might be useful to the ones in our same conditions.
You can turn on and off some features merely by placing some files - no matter their content. This make easy controlling it via FTP.

My modifications will make you able to:
- Make the server log everything (including compile errors and other) to a file you specify
- Make the server automatically shut down on compile errors and world load errors
- Make the server automatically delete every bugged item or mobile on world load
- Make the server check for double istances of itself, and refuse to start.

Every single feature can be turned on or off by placing a file with a name of your choice (by default "sf_double" for double istances check, "sf_delete" for auto delete, "sf_remoto" for both log and shut down on errors)
If you don't place any file, the server will run just as before (handy for local use)

To make any tweakings - everything should be at the beginning of "AndariaFlags.cs".

Installation:
Replace your world.cs and main.cs with my world.custom.cs and main.custom.cs
Make a backup of previous files.
Put AndariaFlags.cs somewhere.

Comments and feedback are welcome

Attachments

• AndariaCore.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 68

Viago

Knight
i dont meen ta bash you uh, work but most of wahat your core mod is already done. also i dont see most of it applyed use for shards/scripters since we actually rely on seeing errors and fixing them not ignoring them. but glad to see your posting your work.

Asmoug

Wanderer
yeah, you're probably right .... but our hoster does not give us console access and does not run the server as a service, so my work is, say, a different way of controling something that was already done.
as I said, for most users this could be totally useless :)

Tark

Wanderer
i think he means the would you like to remove all types blahblah y/n?

usually after removing a script.

Kamron

Knight
Ahhhhhhhh yes.

I wonder then, does his core mod take care of the fact that when you say yes to a "mis-matched" deserialization, the server crashes. Its only with types which "do not exist", where you can have it deleted without affecting the server.