RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK.. My server is running (Complete noob questions)

R

RedLineR

OK.. My server is running (Complete noob questions)

The setup of the server was a breeze!!! Compared to some of the other emus out there...

I have experience with C++ obj orientated programming from my varcity days, many years back... At this point in time I'm just rummaging through the mobile scripts that all you guys have submitted so far, to see if I can still follow code... No major hassles so far...

Now for my really n00b questions...
1) The accounts file is in binary, really neat... But how do I edit it? Is this done from ingame? Or is there a util hidden away in one of the dirs?
2) And... I've copied the mobile scripts... I pasted the evilmage script into a file called evilmage.cs and copied that file to C:\RunUO\Scripts\Mobiles\Monsters\Magical
How do intergrate this script into the server or is that it? And how do I create this evilmage ingame now? Is there like a .add command? UseUO works great! But I see the mobiles section is still under development...

I'm not expecting the mage to even move eventhough I see he already has a basic AI etc... I just want to play around with his clothes and stats for the moment...

I'm thinking of coding everything according to AD&D3... This will require a lot of works on the skills and stats scripts, but I just want to code the creatures so long to get feel for C#...

R

RedLineR

Mmmmmmmmm....
Seems like the command is [add ??? Lemme go test...

OK!!! I found the [help command
And the [add command works fine... I could add the evilmage So that also all set...

Now it's just the accounts...

Delta

Wanderer
Account Tools are not supported at this time they will be doing those tools later the only way to create an account is to login at this time that will change :)

R

RedLineR

Ah thanks!!!

So in theory whatever account name and password I put in that will be created??? Don't answer tyhis... I will test it shortly... If I am wrong tho... Please respond!!!

Phantom

Knight
RedLineR said:
Ah thanks!!!

So in theory whatever account name and password I put in that will be created??? Don't answer tyhis... I will test it shortly... If I am wrong tho... Please respond!!!

Yes

You enter an account and password and RunUO will create that account. The first account you make of course is an admin account.

I know you told us not to answer. I need the experience :p