RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, Some suggestion.

KnightD

Sorceror
Ok, Some suggestion.

Though, I have only played with server for a few minutes. I would say that it is doing very well.

So my suggestion:
I dont mind a dos style window, but since you are building it in a .net enviroment. I would love to see more on this screen. Like a menu. This menu would allow you to config your server. Add and remove accounts. And even allow you to see the status of the server. It would also allow you to shut down the server. And if you are worried about security on this interface. You can prompt the user for a user id and password, before you can make any modifications.

Now from reading the documentations, I would like to suggest these following changes.

===============================================Server.Accounting.Account
-Add: Email
-Add: Last On Data
-Add: Created

These would help in managing accounts. With the email address, you can email everyone that plays on the server, telling them about shutdowns, etc. And with a small program, tool, the server could be queried for these email address and stored as a text file.

===============================================Server.Accounting.AcountFlags
-Change: None to Player
-Add: Elder
-Add: Actor

Elder is a weeker seer. This can be used to train new seers. Also if possible, though I am not sure yet. Seers and Elders can be given spawn points, which can be used to govern what they can spawn. Each monster and item would have a spawn value, its worth. And each time it is spawn, this value is subtracted from this value. When it hits 0, you can no longer spawn anything.

Actor is just that, it is a character that can play a role in a seer events. They would only have 1 power, which is invulnerable. So they can be attacked or not. All actors will show up as grey when high lighted.