RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phantom in here???

minorj

Wanderer
Phantom in here???

Ok we start slow and see where this goes... :twisted:

1) How(Can even) I make copy of my uo dir on another drive for freeshard use? Dont want to be messing up my Online stuff. I did copy it allready but notice that still have to use login.cfg in my online dir to use freeshard anyway. Is there one them regedit locks to my online dir?

2) Where do I find settings like LightLevel, UOTime vs. RLTime, How Often Save. (in wolfpack it all in one xml file)

3) are there other [code:1]: base( AIType.AI_Animal, FightMode.Closest, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4 )[/code:1] and what do the 10, 1, 0.2.... do?

4) when coverting creature scrits my most come error is in this section. (as you see been just rem ing it out for now) [code:1]// public override double GetValueFrom( Mobile m )
// {
// return -this.GetDistanceToSqrt( m );
// }
[/code:1] What I need to do to fix correctly?

5) Is there a list somewhere as to the differnt Hues can use like ... [code:1]Utility.RandomDyedHue();[/code:1] Just been using new ones as I find them in scripts.

6) can this be put in a .cs file and called with a oneliner and if so will same work for other common repeats? [code:1] public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
{
base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
{
base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
} [/code:1]

Think that enought to start with for now.

was thinking while writing that maybe I should monkey with Item scripts to startwith. Like am I starting in wrong place to be learning this stuff?

I just pulled an all nighter so bear with...

oh yea .... with the new spawners to make a random reagent spawn I use easyuo. Is there a way to load a list into the spawner?

ok ok

minorj

I realy want to learn this ... been reading tuts, reading scripts, reading ... but it just not clicking.

Lifedragn

Wanderer
well in answer to number one, this is what I do. I play one a sphere server with lots of custom stuff, and I'm playing with runUO offline, and have recently started getting on the test server. Anyways, do the following.

Rename the UO folder currently in ur drive
(i.e. "Ultima Online-ServerName")

Install UO again. This will give you another "Ultima Online" Folder and since the other one was renamed it wont be overwritten. Patch it up, and set it up for the free shard.

Then when you wanna change over to the other folder, u rename the "Ultima Online" folder to something so you can keep track of what folder is which and rename the first one back to "Ultima Online". Hope that gives ya some assistance

Lifedragn

Wanderer
In response to number 5, I do know that you can use a Hue= line in some scripts (I've played with it using custom mobiles). To find a Hue you need a program to find the number for different hues. I think InsideUO works for that, but I prefer using a hue editor, it lays it out nicer. As for placement of the code line, it goes where other propertiies like Name are set up.

minorj

Wanderer
Lifedragn said:
In response to number 5, I do know that you can use a Hue= line in some scripts (I've played with it using custom mobiles). To find a Hue you need a program to find the number for different hues. I think InsideUO works for that, but I prefer using a hue editor, it lays it out nicer. As for placement of the code line, it goes where other propertiies like Name are set up.

I was just using that one as an example - there is .RandomNonDyedHue - RamdnomRedHue (I am asuming there is RandomBlue.... RandomGreen...)

Guess I was asking if a list of these difernt Randoms somewhere.

minorj

Wanderer
Phantom - Just woke up from nap. In one of your post you said something about doing [DocGen command.... Dose it put out a differnt doc that what comes with RunUO?

If so I need to do that again - have not done that cents someone posted a docgen with names instead of numbers. No No I just looked in that folder real quick - it appears that they impemented the name style one instead of the number one - unless still differnt doing a [docgen than box version.

Just a waking thought.

moocow

Wanderer

If you still need help setting up a shard for your use read http://www.runuo.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=1530

Phantom

Knight
minorj said:
Phantom - Just woke up from nap. In one of your post you said something about doing [DocGen command.... Dose it put out a differnt doc that what comes with RunUO?

If so I need to do that again - have not done that cents someone posted a docgen with names instead of numbers. No No I just looked in that folder real quick - it appears that they impemented the name style one instead of the number one - unless still differnt doing a [docgen than box version.

Just a waking thought.

WHAT!!!

That made no freaken sense man...

minorj

Wanderer
Ok it was Zippy that said
Read the docs. Log into your server and do [docgen

Sorry my mistake... But anyway in the above post in this tread....

what I was asking is do I need to do the [docgen? Is the output of [docgen the same as what comes with the RunUo_verXX.zip file? Reason I asked is I have not done a [docgen cents SomeUNKNOWNathur posted a variation of [docgen.

If the ver11 [docgen puts out more than just plain sintax then yes I want to do it again - if not then I don't. Limited HardDriveSpace

At top of page are a few starter questions for ya though.. :D

And the timer/traget thing errors - there is a line -> using Servers.Logs <
I at this point am assumming that Logs is just that a Logs DIR that needs to be placed in my RUO dir somewhere... guessing inside scripts
going to try it after I submit this....

Phantom

Knight
You don't need to run the document generator, since I would think each release would have already done that.

That "other" version of the command is old, so don't use it.

Ask one question at a time. Post any information you can to help explain yourself. Please try to talk about one thing at a time :)

minorj

Wanderer
Ok letts summerize a moment , do the one question at time -

??? # 1 - Lifedragn posted a possible answer - but in the search for answer to ??? # 2, I found DataPath.cs ; Is the answer in there?

??? # 2 - I found most of what was looking for ( at least the 3 main one I stated in the post ) there are others but will come back to that.

??? # 3 - I found the AI_Tyeps in baseAI and the FightModes in [props -
still lost as to the numbers after fightmode - praying they are damage , hitpoints, (pretty sure the .2 and .4 are speed)

??? #'s 4-6 - still lost......

??? Spawners - still lost.......

??? timer/target - still need to know about Servers.Logs

ok that pretty much overviews where I still lost at.

as ususal someone managed to slip in the Lamers Report http://www.runuo.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=1530
I am sure this is RUDE but --- Based on the questions asked how does this link apply and/or help?

Main ??? need help with is ??? # 3 (the numbers after fight mode part )

hmmm just noticed a new place to look via Phantom - http://www.seanchen.net/xtop/main.php -- will have to check this out after submit :D I rarly read the comments in the autosingutures :oops: Guess I should do so more often

Well off to read - looking forward to hearing from ya all :D