RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Tutorial: How to create Basic Spawning Chests and Items

corrosive

Wanderer
Let's all learn together! Here is a BASIC way to add spawning items like Rares or locked treasure chests!

You can create spawning items by typing [add spawner ITEMNAME and then selecting a location. Adding a number after the item name modifies the amount.

Double Clicking on the object brings up a visual menu, you can add item names to each box and modify the number of items that spawn with the [props command (select the spawner and modify the "COUNT" number: only does total items not individual) - Voila, your items will eventually spawn, you can alter all sorts of variations with the [prop command.

Examples:

[add spawner metalgoldentreasurechest
Creates a locked chest with gold (300-500) that respawns every 5 minutes or so

[add spawner farmablecotton (OR) farmableflax, farmablecarrots, farmablecabage, etc!
Creates 1 respawning cotton field, modify the COUNT variable with the [props command to create larger fields (example: 100 = a thick square cotton field

[add spawner hoodedshroudofshadows
Creates a public item that players can freely pickup and wait for it to respawn

You can now spawn any item :)

FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THIS TOPIC

Voldy

Page
Dude thank you. just trying this whole build "your own" shard thing and that was really kewl to find. I hope to get it totally up and running. just messing around with everything I can play with atm. So far just for shits and giggles i made the admin account turned off the ignore thing, which didnt do anything except when i hit the monsters they will hit me back but pfft im Admin so lol. gave myself like 300,oo0 luck and abunch of other mods an admin dont need lol. started the gaunlet. Got about 15 arties in 20 mins so ill be testing that on a "regular" toon soon. Just playing around with basic stuff atm getting a feel for it and a lot of reading here and on other sites about C# and what not. Haven't gotten my other spawns and stuff started i did the startallspawn command and it said they were started but when i went to despise there was nothin.AH well i'll find it or ill post lol. Still figuring stuff out. thanks again. Got a lot more reading to do. :)

Talow

Sorceror
No it don't the spawner is a totally different thing and in the default scripts of Ruo. XMLspawner is like the default spawner on steroids

Voldy

Page
Ok wow. I made soem serious advances on this. I got Nerun's wordl spawner along with xml spawner. i populated my whole shard in about ten minutes. Aftersetup which took like 5 more mins. thank you so much Neru cause last night i went about populating by hand. I had oh idk like 20 spawners set. mostly around brigand camp and guard tower. ( some mobs fight each other? gotta look into that.) set up some animal spawns, messed with ranges and what not. had not saved through out all of this then server crashed due to too much info pending lol. K nother noob mistake well learned. needless to say I spent a good 3-4 hours doing this and lost it all. Corrosive just wanted to let you know this all started due to me finding your post. I thought world had to be hand populated till I read this and thought there has to be a better way lol. Thanks again man. :)