RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regions Editor, Locations Editor and a new map control

Arya

Wanderer
Regions Editor, Locations Editor and a new map control

I'm (finally) releasing these two small programs. One is an editor for the [Go gump ( files in the \RunUO\Data\Locations\ folder ), while the second is an editor for the regions.xml file. It does not provide support for the code part (yet).

They're both based on a C# map control I have written, which is available for download as well (this isn't a standalone program, but a tool for developers).

They're all available for download at my website:

http://arya.distanthost.com/

Phantom

Knight
I assume this control fully supports all the maps?

I was working on a region editor, only problem was I really didn't have a good way to use it. I couldn't use the Ultima Online SDK because it was just display a bmp :( and you can't really do alot with that :)

Arya

Wanderer
Yes, it supports all the maps as well as patch files. It also has a few draw objects and provides an interface for creating custom ones as well.

Darkeyes

Wanderer
I just wanted give you two big thumbs up! I used it on beta 34 and a custom map. Good job, just what i needed.

deadworm

Wanderer
Now if it would only have support for adding guarded regions and things as well (doing this with custom maps is much more anoying than it seems)

I am having some trouble with the MapViewer control. I am trying to write some custom mapdif files, but it appears that MapViewer never closes the files after it is done with them, so I cannot write modified mapdif files. Can you please fix the MapViewer control so that the mul files are closed when you are done with them.

The files don't even close after I do a Dispose of the MapViewer control.

Arya

Wanderer
The mapviewer does close the files. It keeps them open only for the time needed to read the map section it needs to display....

Interesting. Maybe it is the Ultima SDK then, but that is weird since it doesn't use the dif files. I will look into that further. Thanks.

Arya

Wanderer
I'm going to release the source for the mapviewer sometimes this weekend, so you can see exactly what it does (and eventually change it if needed). What OS are you using?

I have confirmed that MapViewer is not the problem. Ultima SDK opens the files and keeps them open. I have replaced the sections of my program that use Ultima SDK and have rewritten those sections myself. Problem solved. Thanks for your help. :D