RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron's Dungeon Maker - Crypt

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
Ron's Dungeon Maker - Crypt

Hey, this is my first ever script submission, and it was a biggun.. basically, it's a bunch of addons that can be added to quickly create a large (or several smaller, or larger!) crypts. They've got to be decorated by yourself, but the layout is all there.. as well as making it VERY EASY to create multiple levels without needing a teleporter, and better yet - all you need to do is unzip the scripts to get it to work, there are no core edits or conflicts with other scripts :)

I stumbled onto this idea when I was making a dungeon once, and thought "Hey, wouldn't it be cool to have addons for various rooms?" so now that I know how to make addons (trial and error for a while) I have made a bunch. I messed around for a bit, and made a pretty cool dungeon.. showed my friend around it and he says it was great. Anyway, it's pretty easy to use, what I do is type [add Crypt (this is a crypt set of pieces) which brings up all of the pieces in the add item window.. I figure making use of what RunUO already has would be more effective than a nice gump that I could sink days into :p

Now, I know that several shards haven't made custom dungeons (custom dungeons are very cool and add a new sense of exploration for your players!! :p) because of the lag.. and i'm not sure if an addon or a regular ol static would lag more, or less.. but you can freeze them anyway, if you aren't planning on using it for a quick event or something.

Anyway, on to what this script includes:
2x4, 2x5 Stairs (North and South variations), 2x8, 3x5, 4x2, 4x4, 4x8, 5x2 Stairs (East and West variations), 5x3, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x2, 8x4, 8x8, 9x9, 10x10, CryptCorner (N/W corner piece, prebuild with the annoying third piece, especially useful at +0 Z levels), CryptWall1-5 (1-5 North or West crypt walls, especially useful at +0 Z levels), CryptWallNW (the L-shaped piece of wall that connects a North and West at an intersection) and of course, CryptEntrance (a large 16x9 pre-built Crypt building, perfect for accessing dungeons you've made under the surface ;) )

Many uses of this script: Short GM Events, Custom Quest areas, misc dungeons!

I don't know what to type here, but this seems like a pretty important line to type in. So i'll just say that you need to decorate them yourself, I can't do everything for you, and that way you can say that it's custom!

Anyway, I have included a Readme with information.. the info typed up in the post is probably more informative, but I go a little more in-depth in the readme too.. i'm not any sort of a writer or brilliant scriptor, so i'll just say enjoy it! :)

If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to post them, i'll listen to suggestions especially and see what I can do.. if I get enough feedback I may add some more crypt rooms, maybe some more complex than simple "5x3" rooms :)

-Version Beta.3 additions-

Completed the set of wrapped bodies in coffins, sarcophagi and caskets. (thanks Pyro for reviving the thread)

Added 17 "crypt arties" that aren't quite as powerful as Doom artifacts, but are still pretty cool and crypt-themed.

More to come, most likely.

-Version Beta.2 changes-

Folder is now "CryptPieces" instead of "Ron'sDungeonBeta1" or whatever it was before, so newer versions will write over older ones.. be sure to delete the old file.

Made addons for a BUNCH of caskets, sarcophagi and coffins.. including the ones with skeletons, but I forgot the bodies :(

Thanks everyone for your +rep and the messages you left with em, that kept me going in all the time I spent making addons for all the dang coffins ;)

Oh yeah, special thanks go out to A_Li_N and TMSTKSBK, they helped a noob like me get this thread in the right place, so I wouldn't get banned!

Attachments

• Ron'sDungeonSetsBETA3.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 549

Johabius

Knight
If only this would have been released before I finished my New Player Dungeon:D
Great job though...I'll definitely use this set for something:)

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
Thundar said:
sounds pretty kewl i will check it out, thanx for the submission

you're welcome, hope you enjoy it :)

Johabius said:
If only this would have been released before I finished my New Player Dungeon:D
Great job though...I'll definitely use this set for something:)

:D.. it's good for making quick Events and smaller dungeons for players to explore too! Glad you think it's great ;)

-Update!-

Wow, I have gotten quite a bit of feedback, though mainly in PMs and emails.. and a lot of good rep, too! (thanks, btw!).. I also got a BAD REP (no name or message left, hmm, I wonder why! :p)

Anyway, thanks for all of your requests - I have made an addon for every casket/coffin/sarcophagus that I could build with Pandora's Box, but a few of them are a little :/ still. *smacks head* Crap, forgot the coffins/caskets/sarcophagus that have bodies, I just got the skeletons in them - oh well, it's .zipped and ready to go.. i'll save that for another day ;)

Also added is a "SecretCryptDoor" which looks like a regular wall but it's openable! :eek: and of course, a lever to go along with it!

Time to update the first post!

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
Very cool, someone's replied!

This thread has been like a ghost town, I didn't even think anyone still downloaded my script :p BUT with over 100 downloads (not a lot, i'm not bragging or anything) I figured I should complete the set of bodies in containers that I promised so long ago, so I did. Also, I added 17 "crypt arties" that aren't as good as Doom arties, but still pretty cool (my opinion) and have a crypt feel to 'em. Check it out!

Leave some feedback, email me suggestions, something! :p

Kamron

Knight
I haven't taken a look at this, but for decoration I bet this is pretty good :) In terms of the items, I did take a look at those, and its funny because everyone thinks that you need AWESOME UBER 1337 ITEMS for them to be cool and rare. The rarest and best armor set on my shard (which is AOS/SE btw), has 0% resistance. Yep rarest and it doesn't do jack. Its just for collecting. The chance that someone would get a full set though is amazingly low, hence how great it is. That and the hue is awesome.

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
I haven't taken a look at this, but for decoration I bet this is pretty good :) In terms of the items, I did take a look at those, and its funny because everyone thinks that you need AWESOME UBER 1337 ITEMS for them to be cool and rare. The rarest and best armor set on my shard (which is AOS/SE btw), has 0% resistance. Yep rarest and it doesn't do jack. Its just for collecting. The chance that someone would get a full set though is amazingly low, hence how great it is. That and the hue is awesome.

hehe, i'm glad SOMEONE feels the same way as me as far as items are concerned.. I think i'll make up some collectable crypt items, thanks for the idea :)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i like the idea of just simple collector items....not just uber weps and armor

i was a collector on OSI to some extent...had my boat all decked out cause i couldn't get a damn house....then i finally got one placed illegally :D

Marak

Sorceror
Nice one :) ive already got a ton of addons and player dungeons, but new designs never hurt! Nice release mate.