RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO World Community Grid Update

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO World Community Grid Update

I wanted to give all of you a status update on the project we are participating in called the World Community Grid. As of today the "RunUO" Team has accumulated over 34 years of computing time for the World Community Grid.

The World Community Grid is a distributed computing system that is used to help tackle problems to benefit humanity. I have been participating since the idea was launched here on the forums a while ago and would like to remind you all that we are doing some amazing work.

Totals:

Current Members 386 (#39)
Retired Members 6
All-Time Members 392
Total Run Time (y:d:h:m:s) (Rank) 34:004:21:16:21 (#297)
Points Generated (Rank) 9,543,530 (#318)
Results Returned (Rank) 34,376 (#302)

If you are interested in helping with the project it's very simple to do. Just go to World Community Grid - Home and create an account, download the 'agent' software and install it on your computer. Be sure that you put your team name as "RunUO" to contribute to the team stats.

Behringer

Sorceror
I've actually been doing this through another group, but same website for a couple years now. It is pretty cool to be able to share idle computing time for something more than just wasted electricity and lost time. Help find cures for some of the worst plagues of our modern time by donating your computer time when you are away from it.