RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subscriptions...

mehla

Sorceror
I have subscribed in the past. However, during the subscription revamp last year sometime, this was removed.

I would like to re-subscribe, however I am at a loss for how to do it.

Any ideas on pointing me to the right direction on how to subscribe?

-Mehla

Admin God

Wanderer
I wouldn't expect a response anytime soon, still waiting for one from my request starting from March of this year. I'm just going to forget about the first 35 i paid and pay again probably when i know for sure that subscriptions work. Not worth the hassle to me to try and wait it out for 35 bucks. So i recommend doing the same, just wait and make sure that subscriptions are working before doing it again. Maybe even try and get a witness from the staff or something idk.

Arcanus

Wanderer
Question:

How exactly do you subscribe? Everything on the main page that leads anywhere is empty and mentions something about a soon update.

If I get access to areas that I normaly do not, I might be intrested in subscribing, but I have no idea what's what.
Any info?

Roseanne

Wanderer
Subscriptions

I'm a little confused... (stop laugh'n *giggles*) Quite some time ago, I paid for a "life time subscription".

I use to be able to access a subscriber's area...

I understand that currently there are no "new subscriptions" going on.

But, does the old subscriber section still exist? If yes, how do those of us who previously paid for a life time subscription get to see them like we use to?

Phantom

Knight
Roseanne said:
I'm a little confused... (stop laugh'n *giggles*) Quite some time ago, I paid for a "life time subscription".

I use to be able to access a subscriber's area...

I understand that currently there are no "new subscriptions" going on.

But, does the old subscriber section still exist? If yes, how do those of us who previously paid for a life time subscription get to see them like we use to?

life-time suscribers are still subscribers...

You must have been mistaken about being a life-time subscriber.

Roseanne

Wanderer
Subscription

I am not mistaken about being a life time subscriber... This is what my UserCP subscription reads and I have the credit card bill...

Active Subscriptions
Subscription Title Start Date Expiry Date
RunUO Lifetime (Depricated) 01-22-2005 01-22-2030

So this means I should still have access to the subscribers section right? How do I get it fixed?

Arcanus

Wanderer
So what exactly is in this subscribers area anyways, other than first dibs on the runuo update?

Phantom:

Are all of your posts this dry?

life-time suscribers are still subscribers...

You must have been mistaken about being a life-time subscriber.

Either you're the most missunderstood person on this forum, or you really try to come off as a "you know what". Just curious.

Mifune

Sorceror
Roseanne said:
I am not mistaken about being a life time subscriber... This is what my UserCP subscription reads and I have the credit card bill...

Active Subscriptions
Subscription Title Start Date Expiry Date
RunUO Lifetime (Depricated) 01-22-2005 01-22-2030

So this means I should still have access to the subscribers section right? How do I get it fixed?

I am having this same problem. I would like to display an avatar and signature, but the user cp won't let me.

@ Arcanus: Don't even start. Curiousity killed the cat, as they say.

Roseanne

Wanderer
It is more than just loosing the ability to show my Avatar or Signature. Subscribers have (or at least had) access to a subscriber section that have a few scripts published by other subscribers that you can not get in the public script release forums.

It's been 10 (going on 11) months since I updated my subscription from 1yr to lifetime. When they one year subscription ran out, I lost access to the subscribers section. I had gotten notification via email about the one year subscription running out, so I replied back stating I was lifetime subscriber - no response. When I saw others having the same problem, I decided to post here on boards and pm'd Ryan w/no response.

At first I wasn't very concerned because I understand the people responsible for updating such information have busy lives. But the amount of reasonable time for results has long past. I wonder how many other subscribers have lost access that shouldn't have...

I enjoy and get much information from these forums. I have no qualms w/making donations. I do have a problem when I pay for a subscriptions that I am lead to believe gives me an additional privilege and I don't get that privilege. There is a difference between donation & subscription. Expectations are different between donation & subscription.

Perhaps I am going about getting results in the wrong way? Has anyone else had this problem, that got it resolved? If yes, please tell me how so I too can get the expected results.

tyvm

Joeku

Lord
Roseanne said:
It is more than just loosing the ability to show my Avatar or Signature. Subscribers have (or at least had) access to a subscriber section that have a few scripts published by other subscribers that you can not get in the public script release forums.

It's been 10 (going on 11) months since I updated my subscription from 1yr to lifetime. When they one year subscription ran out, I lost access to the subscribers section. I had gotten notification via email about the one year subscription running out, so I replied back stating I was lifetime subscriber - no response. When I saw others having the same problem, I decided to post here on boards and pm'd Ryan w/no response.

At first I wasn't very concerned because I understand the people responsible for updating such information have busy lives. But the amount of reasonable time for results has long past. I wonder how many other subscribers have lost access that shouldn't have...

I enjoy and get much information from these forums. I have no qualms w/making donations. I do have a problem when I pay for a subscriptions that I am lead to believe gives me an additional privilege and I don't get that privilege. There is a difference between donation & subscription. Expectations are different between donation & subscription.

Perhaps I am going about getting results in the wrong way? Has anyone else had this problem, that got it resolved? If yes, please tell me how so I too can get the expected results.

tyvm
Well said.

Admin God

Wanderer
like i said, don't expect anything anytime soon. I'm still waiting from my original lifetime subscription back towards the beginning of the year. So sit and wait till ryan speaks about an update to the subscriptions and then try and get help cause sounds like the last thing thats on the to do list in subscriptions and dealing with them which is understandable.