RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOFiddler Windows 8 array bound error?

Safera

Page
I tried installing UOFiddler onto a Windows 8 Machine with very little success. I wonder if anyone has accomplished this successfully?

I ran UOFiddler as an administrator as well as started it in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode so it does startup fine. The map also works fine, but when I attempt to go to the ITEMS tab, it throws an "out of bounds of array" exception.

Any ideas?

HellRazor

Knight
Are you sure you have the newest version of UOFiddler? It sounds like maybe it hasn't been updated to read the HS tiledata.mul?

Another thing it could be is the client - what version of the client are you running? The newer clients have the art wrapped up in UOP files and Fiddler can't read those.

Safera

Page
I went back and double-checked everything and found out that it was a corrupted copy. I reinstalled UOFiddler from the .zip, rather than just copying over files from one computer to another and it works fine now. Thanks for prompting me to look at this again, Hellrazor. I noticed that the tiledata tab did, indeed, look corrupted, but I knew that the same version (UOFiddler 4.6) worked fine on my Windows Vista machine. Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for the help.