RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the Ultima SDK for??

yozz-hk

Wanderer
What is the Ultima SDK for??

I am new to programming and plz forgive me for asking such a newbi question .....
I download the file but it appear to be a dll and what should I do??

Arya

Wanderer
It's a library that provides you a set of classes you can use to easily manipulate the UO data types and files. It really has a lot of uses, from the simple sending text to the UO client to more complex tasks.

Bradley

Sorceror
It isn't really used for Scripting at all. It's designed to be the interface between 3rd party applications, and the UO client Data files, and the client it's self in some respects. Basicly, it's an easy way to access the graphics files, sounds, animations, hues, maps, and other assorted stuff that is stored inside the .mul files of the UO client.

GoodVillain

Wanderer
I never really checked em out. About to now because they sound useful and it will maybe put a lot better and easyier interaction from my apps to UO.

AgentSmith

Wanderer
Any doco for the Ultima.dll

Hi,

Is there any doco for the Ultima SKD ?

It will certianly save some time instead of opening it in ildasm or reflector.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Agent Smith

Phantom

Knight
Re: Any doco for the Ultima.dll

AgentSmith said:
Hi,

Is there any doco for the Ultima SKD ?

It will certianly save some time instead of opening it in ildasm or reflector.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Agent Smith

There is no reason for documentation. If you have a studio like Visual Studio or #Devleoper you all the tools you need.

So no there is no documentation because its not needed, this programming tool I used by programmers who know what they are doing ( most of the time ).

AgentSmith

Wanderer
Well when your developing in TextPad and dont have intellisense it makes things alot more tedious.

So therefore this programmer who dose know what hes doing didnt want to bother opening the dll in a disassembler and looking at what was avaiable.

Cheers