RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Wizards and Sorcerers spell system 0.4

No permission to download

ViWinfii

Sorceror
ViWinfii submitted a new resource:

Wizards and Sorcerers spell system (version 0.4) - A spell system based on D&D 2nd edition rules and spells.

Wizards and Sorcerers Package
This package adds a D&D style spell system with minimal edits to existing scripts. It also includes scripts for D&D style classes such as wizards, sorcerers, barbarians, clerics, etc., if you wish to expand on classes for your characters.

This packages also includes and requires my Multilinguists package, a Sleep package that I do not have the source of anymore, and a few new resources for spells and spell preparation. The Sleep...

Read more about this resource...

ViWinfii

Sorceror
I forgot to add, to change your character's class, you must have admin privileges to edit either using [prop on a target character or using [set Class Wizard for example on a target character.

Also, to add spells to your spellbook, you must drag and drop the scrolls for each spell onto your magicianspellbook. The command [addallspells will not add wizard's spells correctly. To find the names of each scroll item for each spell, look in the /Custom/Spells/Wizards & Sorcerers/Level Folders. Just add the item in game with [add. You might notice I copied a few existing spells and renamed them slightly.

Do have to add the spell book to every char that is created? I noticed with my GM character, that when I added the scroll , I then had to add the spell book, and change my props to wizard....Just wondering if these work with any type of player gate or such?

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Do have to add the spell book to every char that is created? I noticed with my GM character, that when I added the scroll , I then had to add the spell book, and change my props to wizard....Just wondering if these work with any type of player gate or such?

Unfortunately right now, yes even as a GM, every character you create has to [add a magician spellbook, [add the scroll of the spell you want, and you must set your class to Wizard using [props. I am working on more features for GMs, like adding all the custom spells to a wizard with a command, and adding books to change your class to Wizard so you don't have to use props constantly. To make easier access to casting spells I'm working on a command that can be used to cast the name of the spell you type in, to be used in a macro hot key (I really hope people still use macros in UO). All of these updates are coming but it may take me awhile. For now, Sorcerers are disabled until I come up with an algorithm on how they learn spells as they gain magery, since there are no levels in the game.

This spell system is a work in progress and still has a few bugs. Until version 1.0, you may want to wait to use on a live server.

Unfortunately right now, yes even as a GM, every character you create has to [add a magician spellbook, [add the scroll of the spell you want, and you must set your class to Wizard using [props. I am working on more features for GMs, like adding all the custom spells to a wizard with a command, and adding books to change your class to Wizard so you don't have to use props constantly. To make easier access to casting spells I'm working on a command that can be used to cast the name of the spell you type in, to be used in a macro hot key (I really hope people still use macros in UO). All of these updates are coming but it may take me awhile. For now, Sorcerers are disabled until I come up with an algorithm on how they learn spells as they gain magery, since there are no levels in the game.

This spell system is a work in progress and still has a few bugs. Until version 1.0, you may want to wait to use on a live server.

Yea no live shard involved, I have a Forgotten Realms shard that is a work in progress, been working on it for over a year now by myself...This will fit in great once it is complete.

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Just had another question..any way to disable the prep part of it and just use the spells?

You could use the scrolls directly and that should bypass the prep check. Other than that there currently isn't a way to disable needing to prepare spells. When I get Sorcerers working, that should give you what you want if you add all spells to a Sorcerer's learned spell list. Otherwise Sorcerer spells will be limited by magery skill in some way, it won't be many spells, but they will use mana to cast over and over again.

Huster

Sorceror
I think that Preparation is bugged. If it isn't, then i didnt really understood how it work. When i prepare a spell, even if time passes, it never get ready.

Why?

ViWinfii

Sorceror
I think that Preparation is bugged. If it isn't, then i didnt really understood how it work. When i prepare a spell, even if time passes, it never get ready.

Why?

Preparation time is different depending on the level of the spell. Last I checked, prep times are working correctly. Here's the times for each level:

Level One Preparation time = 1 minute
Level Two Preparation time = 10 minutes
Level Three Preparation time = 20 minutes
Level Four Preparation time = 30 minutes
Level Five Preparation time = 40 minutes
Level Six Preparation time = 50 minutes
Level Seven Preparation time = 60 minutes
Level Eight Preparation time = 90 minutes

You can change these times in script SpellHolder.cs in the switch statement of the function PrepareSpell on line 168. You must close and reopen the related gumps to cast prepared spells after the prep time finishes. Please let me know if you have more problems.

PS: I am working on an update to make casting spells easier and more intuitive with spell preparation. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have to make this system more usable and fun to play.

Huster

Sorceror
Oh, ok. I had searched only in Wizard Spell Preparation, so i didn't find the preparation time. Thanks :)

I would suggest one thing: the higher is the skill, the lower is the preparation time. It would be very nice.
Also another thing, a system for casting spell via macro.

chuck5086

Sorceror
Code:
Errors:
+ Custom Systems/Wizards and sorcerers/Edited/PlayerMobile.cs:
    CS0234: Line 9: The type or namespace name 'ConPVP' does not exist in the na
mespace 'Server.Engines' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0234: Line 3450: The type or namespace name 'ConPVP' does not exist in the
namespace 'Server.Engines' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0234: Line 3451: The type or namespace name 'ConPVP' does not exist in the
    CS0234: Line 3453: The type or namespace name 'ConPVP' does not exist in the
    CS0234: Line 3458: The type or namespace name 'ConPVP' does not exist in the
That is the only error i'm getting after i switch all the files. Am I missing an update or something? Im running my server on client 7.0.34.6.

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Hello chuck, I have a question for you: What version of RunUO are you using? Is it the latest version or an older version?

If you still have your previous PlayerMobile.cs, here's what you can do to probably fix the error:

1. Delete the PlayerMobile.cs that came with this package and put your previous version.
2. Edit your version of PlayerMobile.cs and find the line that has this code:
Code:
public partial class PlayerMobile : Mobile, IHonorTarget
change that line to this:
Code:
public partial class PlayerMobile : PolyGlotMobile, IHonorTarget

That is the only edit I had made to PlayerMobile.cs for this spell package.