RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

GD13 Effects System 2.3.2

No permission to download
GD13 Effects System v2.3.2
by : GoldDraco13​
Introduction:
With the release of the new RunUO 2.3, I've decided to update the effects system to plug n play. For those that don't know what this system is all about, let me take a minute to explain. This system was designed to add a new element to UO, Area's like Fire or Ice Dungeon will now be able to have an effect that damages the player if they don't have high enuff resistance or protective items to fend off the region effects. This new system rewrite includes some new elements not seen in earlier releases. One of the biggest changes will be the ability to control what regions will get the effects, plus you'll be able to have more then one effect per region with this new system. I also added auto login checker to set the effects and to reset players to be acceptable to effects.​
Included:
EffectsSystem.cs (Adjustable effects for Region)​
EffectLogin.cs (Auto login checker)​
EffectStone.cs (Handles Effect Triggers)​
EffectsTimer.cs (Effects Engine)​
Effect Ring Template.cs (Template Script)​
README.txt (Copy of these notes)​
Features:
Easy to set effect to region check​
Multi-effects per region allowed​
Player resistances taken into effect on damage from effects​
Auto Login effects checker​
11 effects (Darkness is new)​
Release Notes:
Released v2.3.1 April 27/13
Fixed 2 Bugs Oct 6/13
Version Updated to v2.3.2 (includes bug fixes)
Bug Reports:
Fixed regions effects reset if player not in a region within system
Fixed effects timer stopping and not restarting after player dies and revives, this was changed to allow a effect placed on player when they are a ghost!
Author
GoldDraco13
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from GoldDraco13

Latest updates

1. GD13 Effects System

Updated this system with fixes related to Tru's findings, Thanks again Tru, you've always been a...

Latest reviews

Great add-on, only thing that lets it down is complete documentation. What does the effect stone do and the effect controller. How do we work them? I see on the stone there are more effect, some beginning with p and some with r, whats the different.

I have also designed a donation ring with all effect cancellations with a 30 day timer if you want it.
GoldDraco13
GoldDraco13
I'll write a complete doc on this later this week and update the system with a few more effects I came up with!
Very cool.