RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple notes

Kardall

Wanderer
A couple notes

I think that taking hints of ideas from other emu's is a key thing you guys are doing here. Seeing that you have probably all worked on some other emu software.

So let us continue. Here's my list of some things that are really good that are lacking atm.

Double click character while on ride:
- Dismount if click normally
- Open paperdoll when in warmode

Need an account manager. You guys seemed to want to hide or encrypt the account files... good idea, but for anyone who wants to manage their accounts (scan for banned ones for instance), is lost in the forest with a solar powered flash light at midnight.

Either release the code section that deals with storage/retrieval of the accountnames, or make a piece of software yourself that does this...

I can continue as soon as I have a bit more lookaround time with this software...

krrios

Administrator
The not-dismounting-in-warmode is a very nice idea, I'll consider adding that for the next release.

I am planning a move over to XML accounts, but I'm not sure when that'll be completed. I think you can get access to the accounts table through a script:

[code:1]using Server.Account;
foreach ( Account account in AccountManager.Accounts.Values )
{
Console.WriteLine( "Account named {0} with password {1}", account.Name, account.Password );
}[/code:1]

I know at one point this wasn't working properly, but I think beta2 has it right.