RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avelyn's Moving Crate

Avelyn

Sorceror
Avelyn's Moving Crate

This is a very simple thing I threw together because my players like to move their house every 10 minutes it seems. They love it so I figured it could be of some use to some of you also.

What it is:
The moving crate is a container that can by summoned and dismissed at will by players for the purpose of moving their junk while changing houses. The box can be summoned from oblivion from anywhere in a house they own with a command and dismissed just as easily. It has no weight or item limit so they can get everything into one box. They cannot move it but can just dismiss it go up a floor or whatever and resummon it. The catch.... the box only lasts for 2 days. After that it poofs empty or not. I did this so they cannot exploit free storage. The script comes with a deed which I have on the town provisioners (for a decently high price so that they dont just keep buying them every 2 days). When you summon the box it tells you how much time is left.

How does it work:

The script comes with 4 commands. 2 Player commands: [summoncrate and [dismisscrate. They speak for themselves. 2 GM commands... [countboxes this will count all crates on the internal map. It is just for your info. I have been using this script on my shard for about 6 months and have not had 1 stay when it should have decayed. [getbox... when a player places a box it adds a tag on their account. An administrator can check their account tag and see if they have a box or not (not would say null). If they do and a staff member needs to call it they use the [getbox command with the serial ( which is on the tag) and it will summon the box to the gm. These are mostly housekeeping commands and I have never used them in game but I felt they could be useful for troubleshooting if ever needed.

Install:
Copy MovingCrate.cs into a custom folder. Add the deed to a vendor SB file of your choice.

I have had no issues with this script but if anyone happens to find any I will be happy to look into them. My players have loved having this. I hope you find a use for it.

Attachments

• Moving Crate 1.0.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 298

Greystar

Wanderer
Can they ONLY summon the box while inside a house they own? (sorry havnt looked at it yet, I like to ask questions first).

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
Superb! very good job. Something that i haven't heard of before but now couldn't do without if you get what i mean :)

welldone

Kieran

Avelyn

Sorceror
Greystar said:
Can they ONLY summon the box while inside a house they own? (sorry havnt looked at it yet, I like to ask questions first).

That's correct. They must be in a house they own to summon the box.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
sorry for my confusion....but what's the deed for if there is a command for it? or command if there is a deed? :confused:

You must use the deed to create the box. This is how players buy them. It if was always summonable then people would have free storage whenever they wanted. Once it has been created they can summon or dissmiss it as much as they want in the 2 day period.

Avelyn

You must use the deed to create the box. This is how players buy them. It if was always summonable then people would have free storage whenever they wanted. Once it has been created they can summon or dissmiss it as much as they want in the 2 day period.
I would hate to deal with players when their things have been deleted after 2 days. Would be nice to make an expensive penalty after 2 days (the same as the house editing penalty) 10k gold a day. If the gold isn't paid within a certain amount of time it puts a lien against the house.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Lucid Nagual said:
I would hate to deal with players when their things have been deleted after 2 days. Would be nice to make an expensive penalty after 2 days (the same as the house editing penalty) 10k gold a day. If the gold isn't paid within a certain amount of time it puts a lien against the house.

Wouldn't be hard to do, but I have no sympathy for players who lose their stuff because they don't take it out in 2 days. When you summon the box it tells you how much time you have left.

Avelyn

Wouldn't be hard to do, but I have no sympathy for players who lose their stuff because they don't take it out in 2 days. When you summon the box it tells you how much time you have left.
There is always some screaming idiot that gets banned. Some dousebag that says he didn't know.

seanandre

Sorceror
I really like this idea. My question is, how exactly would I add this to the SB file of a Banker? I am confused by what all the numbers mean in the generic buy info stuff. the 0x32.. etc.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I figured it out :) GREAT SCRIPT!

Avelyn

Sorceror
seanandre said:
I really like this idea. My question is, how exactly would I add this to the SB file of a Banker? I am confused by what all the numbers mean in the generic buy info stuff. the 0x32.. etc.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I figured it out :) GREAT SCRIPT!

Great! For those of you who don't know, add someting like this in one of your SB files:

Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( MovingBoxDeed ), 1000, 20, 0x14F0, 0x488 ) );

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
ye i think they shoul have to pay toget thier back thier stuff if they don't get it ou in time but then if they don't pay it's gone, we get enough havoc from moaning players as it is :)

okyzan

Wanderer
i intalled the script

build a house with my staff char .than set my accesslevel to player
then type the summon command in the house and its saying to me "you dont have summoned crate or its decates etc..."
what the hell? ::eek:

Greystar

Wanderer
okyzan said:
i intalled the script

build a house with my staff char .than set my accesslevel to player
then type the summon command in the house and its saying to me "you dont have summoned crate or its decates etc..."
what the hell? ::eek:

You never said you bought/loaded yourself a deed to make a crate with. Command doesnt do anything untill you have a crate.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Swerve_jnr said:
we get enough havoc from moaning players as it is :)

Then you are letting them get away with too much. Maybe its cause I used to deal with players for OSI way back when, so my complaining nerve is shut off... but my players know the rules, how things work and dont complain. If something happens because they are stupid they live with it. If something I do makes bad things happen or the shard screws up that is entirely different. Remember its your hard work and your shard. :)