RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bank Crystal

G

GoldDraco13

Bank Crystal

Summary:
Just a helpful item for your players....I've included a SBbanker.cs to sell this item for ya. Its not cheap 500k and will allow them to access there bank from anywhere...its not blessed but can be insured =]

Description:
Ice blue crystal that can be purchased from the banker for 500k....it'll allow players to access there bank as long as there close to the bank crystal :)

Also has a hidden secret...if placed in bank box...it'll allow that player to access his bank from anywhere...my players love it :)

If you don't want this secret...Greystar provided this code from David to stop the Bank Crystal from being placed into bank box. LOOK HERE

Installation:
Just drop the bankcrystal.cs into your custom folder and replace your SBbanker.cs with the one included =]

Attachments

• Bank Crystal Package.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 951

Dracarys

Wanderer
No it's not.

It's like a stationary banker that handles OnSpeech. The bell only opened your bank box. This will allow you to use *withdraw* and *check* speech commands.

Nice work, well done!

G

GoldDraco13

Dracarys said:
No it's not.

It's like a stationary banker that handles OnSpeech. The bell only opened your bank box. This will allow you to use *withdraw* and *check* speech commands.

Nice work, well done!

Greystar

Wanderer
GoldDraco13 said:
Summary:
Just a helpful item for your players....I've included a SBbanker.cs to sell this item for ya. Its not cheap 500k and will allow them to access there bank from anywhere...its not blessed but can be insured =]

Description:
Ice blue crystal that can be purchased from the banker for 500k....it'll allow players to access there bank as long as there close to the bank crystal :)

Installation:
Just drop the bankcrystal.cs into your custom folder and replace your SBbanker.cs with the one included =]

I've been trying to figure out how to add context menues to it for a couple of things, but I kinda gave up on that. Would whispering the commands work. Since I dont want all players knowing that someone might have one of these. I thought about adding a check to add an Owner variable and to check if player = owner before responding as well. Or make it so that it has to be in your pack to even respond.

slithers

Sorceror
does this just imitate the bank command or

is it player specific. what im getting at is if player a has one and player b steals it will it:

1) allow player b to only access his account

2)allow player b access to only player a's account.

3) shut up slither's and use my damn script

thx

Greystar

Wanderer
does this just imitate the bank command or

from what I can tell it just imitates the verbal commands of a banker including withdraw, bank, bankcheck, balance

is it player specific. what im getting at is if player a has one and player b steals it will it:

As far as i can tell anycharacter that has one in their pack or in there house if any one types bank for any reason it will open thier bankbox (thier being the player who say bank). Right now it doesnt check for ownership or anything. One of the reason's I want to add context menus cause I think I might need that if I want to set it up when its locked down in a house as to who can access it.

thx

slithers

georox is Offline:
Novice Member Join Date: Aug 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

like the bank stone except movable lol

the bankstone I downloaded only opens your bank box ondoubleclick it doesnt do anything besides that. So technically its NOT "like the bank stone except movable", its got more functions

G

GoldDraco13

slithers said:

thx

1)His own bank account yes

2)Nope

3)sure...lol, but not forcing you to.

all it is in a nut shell...portalable bank with special powers...one being that if a player places this crystal into his bank...that player will be able to use his bank anywhere.

Greystar

Wanderer
Here a couple mods for...

I wanted to add in a part making it impossible to place this inside your own bankbox, but since the bankbox is an internal item that is not accessable to add in checks to prevent putting certain items in your bank box im not going to worry about that issue for now. but here a couple addons.

Added in the ability to doubleclick to open your bankbox.
Added in the stuff needed to make it so that only the owner of the crystal can access it.
Made a verbal command to claim the crystal so there needs to be no gm intervention to make it owned by the player. (On glitch I can see with this is if there is multiple people that have unclaimed ones in there pack and someone type claim crystal it will claim all the crystals in range, dont know if whispering the commands will prevent this or not). IF you claim a crystal then someone else types claim crystal it will make the crystal non-movable and tell the offender who owns the crystal. If the crystal becomes non-movable there is a verbal command to make it so that its moveable again.

Just a couple simple improvments I thought it needed...

EDIT: I found a way to prevent it from going into bankboxes, but it basically takes removing every call to the normal bankbox and simulate creating an alternate one using a different item. Something I might try to tackle in the future, but for now I'll just ignore the benefit of being able to use in the bank box... OR just make it so it only works in your house or in your pack... that I could do... Other thoughts I was considering, make the bank crystal if it was stolen from a corpse send an SOS to its master with its coordinates. I dont think it should be hard to do that, but its just more of a joke idea than a real one since I dont have to worry about item theft yet.

Attachments

• BankCrystal.cs
    5.7 KB · Views: 63
G

GoldDraco13

Greystar said:
I wanted to add in a part making it impossible to place this inside your own bankbox, but since the bankbox is an internal item that is not accessable to add in checks to prevent putting certain items in your bank box im not going to worry about that issue for now. but here a couple addons.

Added in the ability to doubleclick to open your bankbox.
Added in the stuff needed to make it so that only the owner of the crystal can access it.
Made a verbal command to claim the crystal so there needs to be no gm intervention to make it owned by the player. (On glitch I can see with this is if there is multiple people that have unclaimed ones in there pack and someone type claim crystal it will claim all the crystals in range, dont know if whispering the commands will prevent this or not). IF you claim a crystal then someone else types claim crystal it will make the crystal non-movable and tell the offender who owns the crystal. If the crystal becomes non-movable there is a verbal command to make it so that its moveable again.

Just a couple simple improvments I thought it needed...

Nice Updated version of the Bank Crsytal...Well done....good job :)

Greystar

Wanderer
This Simple couple lines of code

these simple lines of code will prevent the crystal from being put in your bank box!

Thanks David!

Code:
		public override bool OnDroppedInto( Mobile from, Container target, Point3D p )
		{
			if ( target is BankBox && target == from.BankBox )
			{
				from.SendMessage( "You can not put your Bank Crystal in there!" );
				return false;
			}
			else
				return true;
		}

You can either add this to my version of GoldDraco13's BankCrystal script or the original and it will totally not go into your bankbox. Now to get this working in my other thing im working on...

G

GoldDraco13

Greystar said:
these simple lines of code will prevent the crystal from being put in your bank box!

Thanks David!

Code:
		public override bool OnDroppedInto( Mobile from, Container target, Point3D p )
		{
			if ( target is BankBox && target == from.BankBox )
			{
				from.SendMessage( "You can not put your Bank Crystal in there!" );
				return false;
			}
			else
				return true;
		}

You can either add this to my version of GoldDraco13's BankCrystal script or the original and it will totally not go into your bankbox. Now to get this working in my other thing im working on...

Thanks Greystar and David for that info....I'm sure alot of people will like the choice. Good job!!!

:)

kethoth

Page
once players do put this in their banks do they just have to say "bank" anywhere and it will open their bank?

Greystar

Wanderer
kethoth said:
once players do put this in their banks do they just have to say "bank" anywhere and it will open their bank?

yep absolutly anywhere a player can use this to open their bank just by saying or even "Whispering" bank or even using it in a sentence (I think).