RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

box problem!

danknight21

Wanderer
box problem!

Ok downloaded the LATEST version of pandoras box and the new box data for it....but it WONT work :( performs an error... i have NO idea what to do!

danknight21

Wanderer
all it says was that the Box has expericaned a problem and needs to be shut off....i have restarted comp.....reinstalled it...everything... :/

danknight21

Wanderer
*** Pandora's Box ***
Version 1.2.1.0
Windows version: 5.1.2600.0
Processor family: Intel Pentium
Physical memory: 260592
Log created on: 9/17/2003 8:22:20 AM
----
9/17/2003 8:22:20 AM : *** ERROR ***
Error description : Unexpected error during intialization
Exception : Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation.
System.ArithmeticException: Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation.
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet)
at Box.Helpers.SplashScreen.InitializeComponent()
at Box.Helpers.SplashScreen..ctor()
at Box.TheBox..ctor()
9/17/2003 8:22:20 AM : Session closed

Arya

Wanderer
This is the second time I see that error, and honestly I don't know what's causing it (apparently some local issue with fonts but I don't know what it exactly is). Either way you can fix that by downloading this file and extracting/overwriting your existing TheBox.exe. It will remove all writing from the splash screen and allow the program to start up correctly.

danknight21

Wanderer
hmm i downloaded it and replaced it... But still got this Error

9/17/2003 9:42:12 AM : *** ERROR ***
Error description : Unexpected error during intialization
Exception : Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation.
System.ArithmeticException: Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation.
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlPaint.FontInPoints(Font font)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_DefaultFont()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Font()
at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.get_Font()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.AssignParent(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
at Box.Helpers.SplashScreen.InitializeComponent()
at Box.Helpers.SplashScreen..ctor()
at Box.TheBox..ctor()
9/17/2003 9:42:12 AM : Session closed

Arya

Wanderer
Ok, another try. Get this and overwrite again.... give it a short time to load up (you might not see the splash screen at all).

danknight21

Wanderer
Ok well i sat like...10 mins...the comp IS doing something but all it puts up is a small white screen [where the old loading used 2 be] then freezes at that point?

Arya

Wanderer
Then I guess I can try removing the splash screen altogether. I'll do it later on when I have some spare time and post you another link.

Arya

Wanderer
You're welcome. I replaced the file so you can use any of the links in the previous posts to get this one. It doesn't have a splash screen so it will take a short while before you see anything happen (unless you get some error, and I hope not ;)). Let me know if it works *crosses fingers*