RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannont connect... changed NOTHING

PBPBPB

Wanderer
cannont connect... changed NOTHING

so, i've changed nothing on my server since i got it up and running. nothing. not a thing.

yesterday i couldn't connect, so i went and restarted it.

i simply cannot connect to it. that's all.

and mind you, i could connect to it saturday and i changed nothing. i repeat, i've made absolutely zero changes to the server or the client.

RC2 SVN latest.

thanks.

PBPBPB

Wanderer
yes, i have internet and yes everything is still open and forwarded.

i read a couple of posts about this randomly (seemingly randomly) happening.

thoughts?

PBPBPB

Wanderer
homergz;811860 said:
Are there any messages on the console when you try to connect?

you mean server side?

no, it freezes and gives the message before it gets to server selection, so the server doesn't register an attempted connect.

client side, you just get a "could not connect" message.

background:

i have had SVN for about a week now and it's worked fine. i've had people connect from nevada, texas, california, and arkansas.

i can still connect ON the server, just not remotely.

like i said, nothing has been fiddled with... it just stopped working.

PBPBPB

Wanderer
Admin Maidenspear;811867 said:
Had a thought,maybe its your razor settings on your remote machine.

checked. it's the same remote machine and razor i used to connect with all week. server correct, port correct, encryption checked...

would there be any reason to update razor if i haven't updated the client since the last time it worked? i wouldn't think so, but...

PBPBPB

Wanderer
crazy... my router AUTOMATICALLY reset the last number in my IP address from 6 to 2... got it fixed now