RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot produce an assembly with runuo 2.2

Tissemand

Squire
I'm having an issue where RunUO cannot produce the assembly output while running mono under Debian.

I am currently getting the error:
Code:
$ mono RunUO2.exe
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4680.39648
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Error:
System.Exception: Compiler failed to produce the assembly. Output: ''
  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromFileBatch (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile (System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters options, System.String[] fileNames) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts (Boolean debug, Boolean cache, System.Reflection.Assembly& assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile (Boolean debug, Boolean cache) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

I've gotten RunUO to work fine in the past under the same system, but it doesn't seem to cooperate now.

Vorspire

Knight
I don't have much experience with Mono, but reading that error makes me think the file paths are not being recognised, or a file the compiler expects is missing.

Not even sure if this will affect it, but check your Data/Assemblies.cfg to see if there are files listed that don't exist.

Judging by the title of your post and the first few lines of your console output, you're using a RunUO 2.1 base that you've updated/merged with SVN changes? If you have any custom edits to your core, is it possible that any of them may affect the ScriptCompiler or anything to do with file/directory paths relating to ScriptCompiler?

Also, what output do you get if you run RunUO in DEBUG mode?