RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carry Too Many Items

haazen

Sorceror
Carry Too Many Items

In 5 years our server has been up, this has never happened. So I have a question or suspicion.

When a player wants to move their house, we give them a large crate that will hold 2500 items. Then staff will move it to new location.

A player had 3 of these boxes. Total item count was almost 4000 items. I put them in my pack and tried to go to the player house.

My client crashed and it trashed my Owner Character. Not the account, because the other character could log on.

I forced the server down, copied older saves and restarted to bring my character back. I tried it again and again it destroyed the character.

I restored and tried again. This time 1 box at a time and it worked.

I know there is no weight limit for staff and have proven that. My suspicion is that there is a limit on item count that can be moved around the shard. Is this true or do I have another issue?

Thanks for reading.

actualy i think it is the client or razor has the issue, with 4k items in pack

if you have razor checked to check & count all new containers - it can seem like you have crashed and can do nothing, until it checks every single item in them
fix - uncheck those checks in the counters tab (bottom left of the screen)

also the client has to recieve packets for everyitem in your pack as you drop it in there, etc - might not like that either :)