RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

client woes

chad

Wanderer
client woes

I've been enjoying runuo, both my own shard and especially ryans, except for one problem. I've got (had) like 5 different clients on my computer. Well, I downloaded uogateway and logged right in. My colors were off on some things I could tell. I didn't worry about that, I figured at some point I could find the right hues.mul. However then I tried to look at my status. It brought my status up but I couldn't see it, it just showed the box without sign of my stats or condition of health. Worse yet I couldn't make it leave the screen. Worse than that when I walked it followed me around painting up the screen with it. Same thing happened when I tried to check anybody elses status. I asked around and was told it was my client. Sure enough last time I played clients were back in the 2.0's. So I deleted all my clients and downloaded a 3.0.3a client. I couldn't log in anymore. uogateway says I don't have a 2d or 3d client. So I manually changed my login.cfg and tried straight from my new client. Runuo says I connect, but it asks me directory of my client, I type it in and it says I've logged in, but my client stays stuck in verifying password. Then runuo says "the server has crashed", some fatal error. I have to ctrl/alt/del to shut my client off. Next step up on the site I found a library of clients at was godclient. (I know now you can't use that one now that I've seen the post on it down there, but I didn't know that then, I was desperate now....) With godclient I did connect to my server, and even got on a sec before my server crashed (probably a hideous fatal back in the old days) I get a message do I want to send this information to microsoft blah blah. So have I got crap so messed up I'm going to have to format my harddrive to fix it? Anything short of that and I'll be back on ryan's shard wandering around my CASTLE by tomorrow afternoon :shock:

Last but not least I tried to uninstall uogateway to see if it just needed to reinstall and reread everything since for some reason it wasn't finding that 3.0.3 client I had.

LlaMaRiD3r

Wanderer
Restart your computer, uninstall UO from the control panel, restart again, reinstall UO from the original cd, update UO, then use UoGateWay to login with the UO client, works fine for me.