RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community Update: Nix and Westy

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Community Update: Nix and Westy

As many of you from here are familiar with the Sphere community or even the old UOX Community some of you may or may not remember Westy (who helped with Ignition, UOX and Sphere) and Nix.

Westy and Nix were both valuable assets to the UO Emulation community, and worked with the developers of Sphere to create a MMORPG called Irth Online. While I am not privy to the entire story it appears that they were kicked out after years of work and left with nothing. They appear to be in some sort of a legal process but cannot comment any further.

This is a direct quote from their website ganked.com:

November 11, 2005

Friends and fans in the gaming community have been wondering what happened to us. We’re sorry that we have been unable to talk to anyone – even close friends -- about what’s happened. We’ve decided to issue this statement, a copy of which has been posted at ganked.com.

-- Laura “Nix” Nixon & Peter “Westy” Westberg

We as co-founders and co-developers of Irth Online are having a dispute with Magic Hat Software. After years of developing the game we were shutout earlier this year. Unfortunately our attorneys have advised us not to comment further.

They have asked that we not remove their post, and want to let the rest of the users of RunUO know this is not to promote nor attack Magic Hat Software. We've decided to one-up their request and make it front page news for everyone.

Their post is a simple notice that they are alive and doing OK considering I guess.

Nix and Westy we wish you the best here from RunUO and hope that things work out.

Thanks,
Ryan

Zippy

Razor Creator
We dislike everyone from Irth except Westy and Nix.

That was always my feeling anyways, you can like whoever you want :-P

PerfectWing

Wanderer
In my opinion, they are fellow developers being bullied by a larger embodiment and having their work stripped from them. Even if this was someone I loathe (Damien) I'd be outraged, as while he may be the bastard child of my proverbial programming family (this encompasses all programmers to some extent), you'd still help him in a fight against the schoolyard bully if you had the opportunity.

This is their work, good or bad, they rightly deserve to attend to it if it be their will.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Of course, in all fairness, I don't know anything about Damian other than he's disliked by the community. I don't know why though. And to clarify I'm not asking to be informed as to why, just putting it on the table as to why I selected his name.

Rabban

Sorceror
I would like to say that I beta tested for Irth Online and it was strange to witness devs/staff miscellaneously disappear. I might add that the past 2 months or so, poor decisions have been made in regards to IO itself. It had potential.

Alis

Wanderer
I wonder when will Runuo start there own project like IRTH online im indeed interested on any thing like that..

i show my support to westy and nix by:

1: Streaking with a sign painted on me saying go westy and nix
2: post on forums
3: by saying KICK EM IN THE NADS

even tho i got no prior knowledge of these 2 obviously respected members of the uo emulation community, i respect them myself for fighting to git whats theres back.

alot of other ppl are either to scared to or think its not worth the trouble till its to late

so i say this *throws voice to sound like rob sneider in water boy* you can do it hit em where it hurts

nomad707

Knight
Man, now thats sad. thats so messed up. They got used bigtime, i hope everything works out for those two, the feeling of being robbed sucks.
=(

Wow! Those two names ARE a blast from the past! I remember them as two very talented individuals...go get em...

As for Damien...I think his last name is Thorn...there's a movie about him...:eek: It's called the Omen.

Westy

Wanderer
Wow, thanks for all the kind words you guys. Unfortunately I can't say much though....yet.

Oh yeah, I downloaded RunUO a few months ago, I love it, it's pretty freaking sweet...made me fall in love with the CLR and .net and all that. I'll pop in here and say hi again soon.