RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controlling the speed of mobiles

kada20

Wanderer
Controlling the speed of mobiles

I noticed when adding an orc that he seemed to run a lil faster than my liking. Is there a way of editing the movement speed of creatures? Is this something i should be asking on the scripting support?
Also noticed that the spell graphics looks ok when the target (either self or mobile) isnt moving but if they are 'on the run' things like flamestrike or lightning dont show the graphics-i think this also could be because of too fast a movement :]

Spooky

Wanderer
Mobile Speed

What I would like to see is mobiles and players have a base speed which is modified based on their remaining hits and remaining stamina.

With the base set on the creature so if its base was 75 for each stat and they had 100 in each stat they get a bonus to speed but if the get exhusted or hurt or both it becomes a penalty.

each stat would contribute evenly to the modifier so 75 hits but no stamina would produce a 50% penalty.

kada20

Wanderer
Sounds good but still want to know how to control the base speed-seems that all monsters move at the same rate right now and if i make a bad-a** monster with magic, etc i would want to tweak the speed on some kinds :]

Spooky

Wanderer
Speed

Because the AI isnt finished yet its only a base one until the proper AI is coded this should change when the real AI is in.