RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting from another Emulator

D

DSimmon

Converting from another Emulator

Hiya guys,
I just got registered here and am liking what i see about this RunUO Server. I've programmed in C++ b4, but not C#, so am interested in getting my feet wet and soggy playing.
I currently host a small UO server using Sphere, and I wondered if it's possible to convert your current players over from other emulators, or if users have to be recreated new.
I can understand the need to rescript items, since they are in a different language, which won't be a biggy, but would like to transfer my players.
Any insight will be appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Zippy

Razor Creator
At first, there will be no way to Convert world files or anything else over from any other Emulators.

RunUO's world save format is a far cry different than any other Emulators (at least that I have seen) due largely in part to the fact that the internal structure is very different from any other emulator (that I've seen)....

With that in mind, with the first releases of RunUO, there will be no conversion tools. However, that doens't mean there won't ever be any conversion tools... :)

In short: you'll probably have to create all your players....

D

DSimmon

:) That's what i figured, but it will be fun to hafta disect and get used to the different formatting.
O well, can't get your feet wet without jumping in, eh ?

Zippy

Razor Creator
Hehe well the Test Server is up and down for code updates and stress tests and stuff.... If you hop on IRC (irc.coldfront.net #runuo) you can catch it when it's up, and do a little messing around.

We haven't set a solid date for the first release, but I would expect it won't be too long.... ;)