RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Custom Art] Requarding missing pixels.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Ultima Online art has a lot images that have missing pixels or pixels that don't belong. Its been that way for years for the most part it goes unnoticed. But, when creating custom art you want to avoid making the same mistakes. These pixels aren't missing because, the artist didn't paint them. They are missing because, the artist did one of the following things.

1 He used the color True Black RGB 0 0 0 or HTML #000000
2 He used the color True white RGB 255 255 255 or HTML #FFFFFF
3 He did something to the image after he completed it that distorted the colors
such as resizing, or squashing.
Using filters can cause you problems as well such as blur or any filter that messes with colors
Adjusting brightness levels, and all the other color setting could inadvertently throw your colors values off. Darkening and lightening the pixels could make a dark pixel go black, or vice versa. Then you get the creation of the dreaded holes.
Missing1.png

But, all is not lost if this occurs and you don't have any other options. You can manually repair the image
By zooming in with your graphics software until you can see the pixels big enough to work with.
Missing.png Sorry for the blur just an example.
The easiest way to repair pixels is to use your eye dropper tool and select a color right next to the hole. Use that color with a 1x1 brush and paint the missing pixel. Repeat the process Eyedropper, Brush for each hole. That is why I call them the dreaded holes.Here is what the image looks like after repairing OSI's
Missing1.png fixedspider.png
Let me end this tutorial on a happy note I've fixed most of the OSI Graphics already for you.OSI Fixes

You are so great!
I really appreciate your interest in custom art... you know, UO has big potentiality in this but I have never seen people dedicating to this...
The only exception was UO-Desktop website, but it's from 2003 it's not updated. You bring justice to the UO potentiality again. All my respect! :)

otimpyre

Sorceror
Thank you for the kind words that's all the payment & incentive I need. I've began a tutorial all about those outdated desktops. Hopefully in the future everyone will have theirs updated and new ones will begin to arrise bigger and better. My friend Macil said someone should make tutorials for all this stuff so everyone can understand it. So a couple nights ago I was sitting here bored and let my fingers fly. Been holding all this stuff in my head way to long. Eventually even I may loose the knowledge if I don't get it all out.