RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dungeon entrances?

I'm returning to having a server and as I remember there was a way to generate all teleporters for dungeon entrances, etc. I think pandora's box even used to do this. Just wandering what is being used now to populate these hidden cave entrance teleporters to make dungeons work as normal? Thanks for the help.

I guess they are there except the Solen Hives entrances? I guess I'm not sure what is generated with these and what isn't. Someone know what is supported and what isn't with 2.5?

Dian

Sorceror
[telgen is command for world teleporters, there is another that places the solen hive entrances.. use [helpinfo too, it is a nice gump that lists commands available.

Cool thanks. Not able to get any solen hive teleporters though. 0 spawn. A few other places are not accessible either. The teleporters must not include all areas.

pooka01

Sorceror
[gensolen if i recall... or [solengen [solen gen [gen solen xD
i'm sure i saw a similar command that i even did by accident...

Dian

Sorceror
That is odd, maybe they are already in place? Seems that they remove existing first and they place them if you run the command.. at least that is how the [telgen command works. If you find the command script, look at the areas where it creates them and go to the area(s) to see what is placed.. or not placed.

Dian

Sorceror
No, it does not matter if Test is enabled or not. What RunUO version are you using, and have you modified anything yet?
The sign parser script uses a text file in Data folder to know where to place the signs, similar to the Decorate script.
Something is conflicting with your server I would think. Or you are using a modified server that has had these things changed.. maybe for a custom map/world.

RunUO 2.5, fully patched classic client, Razor 1.4.0.3, and I've only changed the character creation and basic server scripts, added a few custom created scripts from here, but no decoration or map changes. Closest I've come to that is UOCartographer... I ran it and added the missing map files but those only went in a documents folder.

Dian

Sorceror
thats wierd.. I thought it generated them on all maps.

You might just try using the [SignGen command again on the empty facet..see if it generates them, you know it only generates on the map you currently are standing on.
if by chance it just doubles up the items on Fel and does nothing on Tram, just shut the shard down real fast before it saves, and reload.

The [TelGen command though, should generate teleporters on all maps no matter where you are at in game.. so not sure there. You might check your scripts/commands/GenTeleporter.cs script, and see if there are entries listed on all maps, or if only the Trammel map has entries.

Let us know how it go's

Ok, I was in New Haven and no signs appeared but they are everywhere else in other cities apparently. Ive got my newbies starting in New Haven (didn't realize) regardless of where they click. You think I would recognize the bank looked different, lol.So I guess the signs may be okay.

As far as [TelGen (creates about 1080 teleporters) or [TelMake (causes a server crash) it does not seem teleporters work for players at many locations even when the teleporters are not missing. Upon checking visually with the GM I have found that many of them do not work and must be altered by moving them slightly or adjusting the target coordinates. Then as I teleport around the dungeon maps some do not have any teleporters at all. Solen Hives is a no go altogether with 0 teleporters spawning. :(

pooka01

Sorceror
If you refer to destard's teleporters aswell as Wrong's teleporters, increase their z of 5, they are just deep in the ground that players pass over it seamlessy without teleporting.

as for the rest i don't know what might be the problem :C

Yeah I'm correcting them a bit slowly here and there. You'd think that it would be a more noticeable problem for a majority though. Maybe I'm checking too much detail on spawns and teleporters with the StaffRunebook this time around? I just have a family and friends server but still I'd like it to function properly.

Lately the premiumbadspawn log is even getting to me. Anyone know if I can easily find and add the scripts for these missing mobiles or should I just delete/fix them manually too?

It's been awhile since running a shard and a lot has changed and I'm having trouble remembering some of the fixes and commands. Thanks for the help and patience.

Attachments

• PremiumBadspawn.txt
    6 KB · Views: 5
OMG, I just realized that you have to double click on the solen hive entrances and that the teleporters are indeed there (just can't see them even as admin)! Sorry guys...I feel like a dumbass...

Dian

Sorceror
You can, just go through the list and for each mobile that is not found (or listed) just add a script for it. You might get lucky and find them in the spawn package you added (nerun's?) within the mobiles folders, or searching around the site here. For simple stuff like the birds, just take an existing generic bird script, and rename it Crow and another Raven, etc.
Otherwise, you could just go down the list, traveling to each spawner location and removing the entry one by one.

If you used XML spawner, you could use the Spawner gump to help you go to the locations a bit faster.. The Premium Spawner is old, and was left somewhat unfinished long ago and is somewhat unsupported now.

By the way, where did you download your RunUO server package? There has been a few folks lately that have asked for help with their 'RunUO' version with some oddities, and in the end we find out its actually an Orb Server.. and that in itself is an issue, because OrbServer was abandoned quite some time ago now, and is a bit of a mess in itself. If you have an OrbServer, that is your first problem ;)

Dian

Sorceror
And that log is just that.. a log. It will not hurt anything, it is just telling you that there are entries on spawners that do not exist in scripts, so it can not spawn what it does not find to exist. But it is best to fix them.

I'll see what I can figure out. I'm not remembering much with the spawners and their differences. It seems like it was all just nerun and dropping that into it when I was last involved with UO servers.

As far as the server package...I did a search with "runuo 2.5 github download site:www.runuo.com" (since the site's search function seems to be messed and file repository on the front lists version 2.3). This took me to the page http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/client-7-0-34-15-crashes.535625/ where I downloaded the file listed in post 5 by _epila_. Maybe all this works better if most are using 2.3 but I was trying to find the most recent (stable) version.