RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easter Baskets

PappaSmurf

Knight
Easter Baskets

I decided to do a little easter basket the file (I've included a rar and zip version of the package) contains a modified Food.cs EasterBasket.cs and EasterGrass.cs

To add replace your stock Food.cs with the one I've included and toss the rest in a custom folder then use [add Easterbasket to create or add it to your gift giving script.

The Basket includes.

The Easter Basket: Blessed basket
Easter Grass: 1 pile of randomly colored easter grass (Yarr you'll be digging that outta your UO Vacume till Christmas)
An Edible Chocolate Bunny
An Edible Marshmallow Peep

I figured people could give these out then do an Easter Egg Hunt on their shards tomorrow for kicks

I attached this as rar and zip as I've had a time where a person didn't use WinRar but please realize they are the exact same files

Attachments

• EasterBasket.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 110
  • EasterBasket.rar
    3.6 KB · Views: 103

wensday

Wanderer
quick question: Do you happen to have any modifications to your food.cs script? I've done a few to mine, and was hoping that you hadnt done any previous changes to yours that would make it a wee bit confusing to weed out your new work from any previous changes you had made. Thanx

PappaSmurf

Knight
wensday said:
quick question: Do you happen to have any modifications to your food.cs script? I've done a few to mine, and was hoping that you hadnt done any previous changes to yours that would make it a wee bit confusing to weed out your new work from any previous changes you had made. Thanx

The only changes were the addition fo Chocoolate Bunnys and Marshmallw Peeps they are the bottom two entries. If your using a Previously modded Script I can't say enough how much WinMerge helps with combining another persons Script with yours. You can get it here http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/ It's free and all you have to do is open one file on the left pane one on the right and it will highlight the differences for example you open yours on the left and mine on the right my bottom two entries (Chocolate Bunny's and Marshmallow Peeps) will highlight as being different than yours, you can select the entire Highlighted difference on mine then go to the bottom of yours and paste it in. Makes Life SOOO much simpler.

snicker7

Sorceror
just a little fyi
blessed containers are bad things to pass out on "normal" type shards as players can put items inside that are cursed or uninsured etc, and they stay in the container on death. If you dont care about that stuff, no big deal. Also, very strange, I coded the easter stuff for our shard last weekend and i made MARSHMELLOW PEEPS AND CHOCOLATE BUNNIES OMG and a bunch of other stuff too. weird

stu

Wanderer
is this the correct method? I cant get it to work :(

wont compile *boo!*
easter.cs
Code:
using System;
using Server;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class EasterGiftGiver : GiftGiver
	{
		public static void Initialize()
		{
			GiftGiving.Register( new EasterBasket() );
		}

public override DateTime Start{ get{ return new DateTime( 2004, 12, 24 ); } }
		public override DateTime Finish{ get{ return new DateTime( 2005, 1, 1 ); } }

public override void GiveGift( Mobile mob )
		{
			EasterBasket basket = new EasterBasket();

switch ( GiveGift( mob, Easterbasket ) )
			{
				case GiftResult.Backpack:
					mob.SendMessage( 0x482, "Happy Holidays from the team!  Gift items have been placed in your backpack." );
					break;
				case GiftResult.BankBox:
					mob.SendMessage( 0x482, "Happy Holidays from the team!  Gift items have been placed in your bank box." );
					break;
			}
		}
	}
}

PappaSmurf

Knight
snicker7 said:
just a little fyi
blessed containers are bad things to pass out on "normal" type shards as players can put items inside that are cursed or uninsured etc, and they stay in the container on death. If you dont care about that stuff, no big deal. Also, very strange, I coded the easter stuff for our shard last weekend and i made MARSHMELLOW PEEPS AND CHOCOLATE BUNNIES OMG and a bunch of other stuff too. weird

I didn't think about the blessed Container part but yah your right they can be a bad thing. I was checking out one the the shards that have been posting in "Server Support" last night just from curiosity and they had easter eggs all over near the Brit Bank and it poped in my head "Wouldn't it be great to have an Easter Basket and do a Egg Hunt......So I opened VS C# express and Made it so...... If I'd known you'd done Peeps and Bunny's I'd have ganked them and left you credit in it...but.......I just modded my Food.cs to add them :D

great idea!!!!

and 1 way to "fix" the blessed problem is this:

set the weight to all the items to be 0.01 -- very very very light

then in the basket mods set its max weight for holding to 0.1
and max items to the numbers of things you are putting in there

so the most they can hold in there afterwards is maybe a peice of lumber, a fish steak or something simular

so blessed container - not worth all that much for exploiting

Foster

Account Terminated
"pappa smurf,"
You the champ, I just found this in time for easter this year though im a little late from the release of you're script.
But i thought i would say it still counts :).
Also the thing with the vaccum, "SO" funny, hehe.
Also took your advice on the winmerge, i have used it before but i have been too lazy to re-DL it. Thought since i took you're script i should take your advice.
Nice work mate, Im sure players will enjoy hunting these things for many year's to come.