RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enable 6th Character slot.

jjarmis

Wanderer
Enable 6th Character slot.

This is really a simple fix, but so the newbies can do it without worring about screwing it up, I'll post it. :)

Simply replace your Scripts/Accounting/Acount.cs with the one attached to this thread.

Attachments

• Account.cs
    26 KB · Views: 338

Revolution

Wanderer
my account.cs script is custumized, can u post where should i make the changes? this is useful so i can learn how to disable other slots

jjarmis

Wanderer
In the distro this is on or about line 1000:

Code:
		/// <summary>
		/// Gets the maximum amount of characters allowed to be created on this account. Values other than 1, 5, or 6 are not supported.
		/// </summary>
		public int Limit
		{
			get{ return 5; }
		}

Simply change the return 5; to return 6;.

Revolution

Wanderer
Values other than 1, 5, or 6 are not supported?

humm, some shards used to have a 2 or 3 slots limit and they use RunUO, how can i do this change?

ty in advance

Viky

Wanderer
Revolution said:
Values other than 1, 5, or 6 are not supported?

humm, some shards used to have a 2 or 3 slots limit and they use RunUO, how can i do this change?

ty in advance

Yes, i have same problem. My shard using 3 slots per account and i dont know, how i can change it :(

jjarmis

Wanderer
As far as I can tell, this version only supports 1, 5, and 6. If you want support for 2, 3, or 4, you will have to change the core.

Also, I have noticed that with the 6th char enabled, if you have 6 chars and delete one of the first 5 the 6th one wont show up in the char list until you reconnect.... Probably just a small oversight in the code that sends the chars to the client.

Phantom

Knight
The client is the problem you cannot support characters besides 1, 5, 6

But I am sure somebody will claim otherwise :rolleyes:

jjarmis

Wanderer
ahh I figured that might be the problem... people have been trying to limit the creation to 2, 3, or 4 and the client just freezes when they do that. :) As always, thanks for the info Phantom. :D

Jake McLeod

Wanderer
When I use this modification, and change it to return 1 instead of 5, it still shows the "New" button to create a new character. And if I click on it, it allows me to do the character creation process on a new character. Once I commit to the character though, it completely freezes up the client until the client is restarted.

Is there any way to have this button disappear once the limit of characters allowed (in this case, 1, which is one of the "supported" number of characters) has been reached?

Phantom

Knight
Jake McLeod said:
When I use this modification, and change it to return 1 instead of 5, it still shows the "New" button to create a new character. And if I click on it, it allows me to do the character creation process on a new character. Once I commit to the character though, it completely freezes up the client until the client is restarted.

Is there any way to have this button disappear once the limit of characters allowed (in this case, 1, which is one of the "supported" number of characters) has been reached?

No

Jake McLeod

Wanderer
Then how does the client know, on OSI servers, that if Siege Perilous or Mugen is chosen, to only allow one character and have the button disappear once one has been created?

How does the client know that when 5 (or in the case of a 7AE upgrade, 6) characters have been created, to remove that button and not allow any more to be created?

Even in RunUO, once 5 characters (I haven't tried 6, so I don't know if it works correctly) have been created, the button disappears. Why can't 1 character, which is a "supported" number of characters according to you, do the same?

If it's something server-side, in the programming for SP itself, can't it be scripted and/or modified in RunUO do the same thing? And if it's something programmed into the client, shouldn't there be a way to invoke it?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to understand. I'm not asking the client to do anything it's not programmed to handle, such as is the case with 2, 3, or 4 characters allowed.

Protius73

Sorceror
nineismine said:
One thing I've noticed my 6th charachter isnt allowed to access my house like the other 5 are.

Ive noticed this on my server as well, alot of players are having issues with the 6th character slot and housing. Once i activated it it seemed to remove some characters from the list of house owner. Which in turn caused a few headaches, but weve been manually coowning them in the mean time.

Ive been looking to see if their is something in the housing scripts that needs to be changed to recognize a 6th character but havent found anything thus far.

nineismine

Wanderer
yeah I just got done talking abotu this with a player im going to look tonight as well. if anyone knows how to fix this Id sure appreciate a heads up :) (Before I mess it up on my own of course )

batarex

Sorceror
just added the account file from this post and testing it, i cant get the 6th slot to work, hangs up at creating char and stays there.

EDIT:Searched the forums and found that i needed to make a change in my character Creation file as well. slot works fine now, haven't got to test the house issue yet.