RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Event]Halloween 2011

koluch

Sorceror
HalloweenItemPics.jpg
Here is Gift Giving for Halloween. The trick or treat basket for some reason says you need a goodie bag to trick or treat when you get the treats(dont have time to get that removed, you can figure it out)Just say "trick or treat" to vendors with the basket in your backpack. You have 31 uses on the trick or treat bag.
Gift Giving starts 10-29-11 and ends on 11-4-11. Change the dates to whatever you would like. Also change the Gift Giving message to have your server name, not Shazzy's Shard.

Items include:
Lollipops, jelly beans, taffy and wrapped candy, all give toothaches.
Black cat statuette.
Skulls on pike.
Grim Warning.
Ruined Tapestry.
Pumpkin scarecrow.
Flippable 4 way halloween web in orange, black or white.

2 dying house plants on Gift Giving that say "A house plant killed by.." and the mobs name.
2 Spookie carved pumpkins on Gift Giving also have the "A spookie pumpkin carved by..."and the mobs name.
Added a ShadowToken to the Halloween Gift Box you get along with the above items.(If you dont have the ShadowToken deeds already on your server you will need those)

Holler if you have questions.

Enjoy,

Koluch

Attachments

• Halloween 2011.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 133

koluch

Sorceror
Here are the shadow items and deeds.
(updated without the regular shadow token to remove error)
10-25-2011

Attachments

• ShadowToken2011 and Items.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 56

Thagoras

Sorceror
Awesome!! That will go great with THIS. The Trick or Treat system is still running on OSI. Just change the fruits with a random candy.

Miracle99

Squire
Koluch,

Error when compiling
Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/Holidays/Halloween 2011/ShadowBox2011.cs:
    CS0246: Line 7: The type or namespace name 'GiftBoxRectangle' could not be f
ound (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

koluch

Sorceror
I wanted to use the new gift boxes not the normal old one.
In the latet SVN under Items/Special/Gifts(?) are the new gift box shapes. I will post that when I get home or if you want just change that to WoodenBox, GiftBox, whatever type of container you would like :)

Koluch

Miracle99

Squire
I wanted to use the new gift boxes not the normal old one.
In the latet SVN under Items/Special/Gifts(?) are the new gift box shapes. I will post that when I get home or if you want just change that to WoodenBox, GiftBox, whatever type of container you would like :)

Koluch

Yea, could you please post it. I am updated to ver 778 and i am not seeing anything new in the Item/Special/Gifts

Miracle99

Squire
nm. I think i found them now. They were in there a little deeper. Items/Special/Holiday/holidaygiftboxes.cs

Miracle99

Squire
Got that loaded in. New Error

Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/shadow/ShadowToken.cs:
    CS0246: Line 42: The type or namespace name 'ShadowBox' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1502: Line 42: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobile.AddToBa
ckpack(Server.Item)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 42: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'ShadowBox' to 'Server.It
em'

I did not see a Shadowbox.cs in the Shadow.zip file.
PS: This is my first time installing an event so possibly i am just missing something that everyone already has installed.

Miracle99

Squire
Koluch,

I realized after i just posted. Changed the shadowbox to shadowbox2011 and it works.

My only issue now is i am using an old client 6.0.1. How else can i get the newer items other then patching all the way up to newest client?
I might just redo so they are items i already have but I am really liking those pumpkins and the cat :)

Hell nevermind. Completely forgot that I have several clients installed. Just changed my client to 7.0.7.1 and man these are awesome looking in game.

I am all set now. Thanks Koluch. These will be awesome for next year (that is if i have my shard up and running by then)

Miracle99

Squire
Okay complete insanity here.
Hopefully this makes sense.

I have two computers. Both have the same EXACT RunUo (literally copied over from one computer to the other)
I run the server on Computer A. Log player in. They get the Halloween Stuff.
repeat same steps on Computer B. Nothing....

I checked via command prompt. My date on both comps are 10/24/2011.

Any advise on remedy?

Iraq-

Sorceror
2 computers does not mean 2 seperate IP addresses. If you are still on the same network, it is quite possible (and probable) that your IP's are the same. Therefore, if it is IP based handout, you won't get anything for that reason.

In short, go to starbucs with wifi.

Miracle99

Squire
Yea but its two completely separate runuo servers i am testing it on.
1 is "live" (computer a)
1 is "test" (computer b)

On another note. Of my several accounts that i have made up, only one is not working so i really am not going to worry about it too much. All the other accounts were able to get the bags on both live and test.

Miracle99

Squire
Like I said, no big deal really. It was just one of those unexplained mysteries that i cant seem to see any reason why it would do it (well technically not do it :0 )