RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum update... and status update

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Forum update... and status update

Ok over the last few weeks we've been planning on this entire revamp of the site. This should be it. We may tweak a few bugs here and there but for the most part this is the finished product. I really would like to get a download system setup for easier downloads but for the time being I think the forums and the site look great. A few of our more dedicated members have taken it upon themselves to help by updating the main website to be XHTML 1.0 compliant which is a big help. We hope to continue to make the site easier to use and push forward with getting you RunUO 2.0.

We should be having a developer meeting this weekend or early next week to post the things that need to be completed, and what we expect to have done for RunUO 2.0.

As many of you already know RunUO 2.0 has been a major undertaking as nearly the entire networking portion of the core has been rewritten. The development team has focused on scalability and stability and had a secondary focus on features. Asayre and the script team have done a great job of trying to get most of the SE/ML features completed but I do not expect RunUO 2.0 to have full ML support.

We will be looking over the next few days/weeks for more developers to join the script team for RunUO. If you're interested I suggest you start boning up on your C# skills. We will be asking skilled members who are already submitting scripts and/or core mods to join the team as we see a need someone can fill. If you're a junky for Mondains Legacy and would like to assist us in data gathering you've probably got a shot of helping there too.

Keep in mind we're not going to post any sort of application, nor will we take applications via PM on the forums. This will likely be a hand selection process. Anyone interested should be in our IRC chat on irc.runuo.com #runuo to hang out, chat and enjoy the RunUO community.

We appreciate your continued support and look forward to seeing you on Launch Day.

Looks good, sounds good and as always IS good quality work from you guys :).

*Starts boning up on his C# skills*

[Edit]Holy crap how was I lucky enough to catch this after just 18 min of it being posted oO. I think its ovious now I have no life.[/Edit]

daat99

Staff member
Great news Ryan :)
I love the messages link at the top of the page everywhere I go :D

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yeah, I think this skin is a keeper. You can even read the messages :D (Links are a little hard to see, though)

Khaz

Knight
The website and messageboard changes are impressive, Ryan. I think it all looks great, and that's a job well done. Let all the development team know that I, for one, appreciate the work done, and encourage you all to take your time to produce an excellent product, as always. :)

So don't rush to reach that April "deadline" that was set forth earlier. RunUO sets its own deadlines.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
If I could request one thing (NO! now what was the question?), I'd like the old titles back...those were fun...the Junior/Senior member is sorta boring...:-\

The other thing is, I'd love to help with any piddly scripting you need done...I don't have a UO account, so I can't help with gathering info...(unless I can do it on a current RunUO server...)

PappaSmurf

Knight
I like the new Forums Skin

It's pretty neat and compared to the last mod to it you were right it looked like crap.....On a side note are we gonna get the RSS Feed on the front page again cause I really enjoyed having it.

Khaybel

Sorceror
nice update, your site/forums as looking nice and minimalistic, and clean. I know a few download systems that are good with vb let me know if you what any help in that area .. have a good one.

wensday

Wanderer
I think that not posting an application or anything like that is a great! idea. That way you dont have just anyone and their dog putting in applications when they're not truly up on the whole c# language. Great job on the web site by the way!

Arcanus

Wanderer
Ryan, I'm noticing some strange stuff b/w logging in and getting in the forums from the reply emails I get. Some of the buttons are missing (x'ed out) and the forum is slightly bulkier. Just started today I think.

Manu

Knight
Well I guess the Dev Team allready knows, but cant hurt, so... Stratics is a good source for pretty accurate info on anything going on on OSI servers :)

Dian

Sorceror
Arcanus said:
Ryan, I'm noticing some strange stuff b/w logging in and getting in the forums from the reply emails I get. Some of the buttons are missing (x'ed out) and the forum is slightly bulkier. Just started today I think.

Id guess you are using a bookmark, directing to the forum index.. the link is now runuo.com/forums <-- with an 'S'.... it was previously just /forum. hit the main runuo.com homepage, and re-enter the forums from the link there.. and update your new bookmark. :)

Arcanus

Wanderer
Actually, these are the links that come directly to my email from these forums. Every time a responce comes from any thread I am "watching" it sends me a link. It's a problem with the forum side for some odd reason.