RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gumps... Need the Devs for this one -->

Dian

Sorceror
Gumps... Need the Devs for this one -->

Okay, as i am sitting here creating the crafting gumps, I have just realized that a couple of the gumps have been called from the uo client already.. Like the Help button.. It uses the actual UO folders Help gump, and functions, I believe this is right.. As I do not see a script cloning it.
Also the [GO menu, seems it must also be called from the UO client... as there is no script creating this gump, and listing the places on the gump.

Where am I going with this?
It seems there must be a way to simply make a script for the items of the crafting skill ( morter pestal, smith hammers, etc.. ), that can also just call the standard OSI crafting gumps as well.
I am creating the cloned versions to the transperent crafting menues, but If there is a way to use the ones that the UO client already has made up.. man, that would almost literly write the crafting system for us :D

Not lazy.. just thinking of all options..

SickLab

Wanderer
I know that the Help Gump is in Misc/TestCenter

But i don't know if the client have some pre-build gump ready to use.

Dian

Sorceror
Uhh, No.. Not the Help Gump I am talking about. I meant the actual "HELP" button like on your paperdoll.. for paging a GM, etc..

The 'Help' gump you are refering to is the simple in game context menu, to display the list of in-game commands that are scripet for viewing :)

Zippy

Razor Creator
Actually, these gumps are hard coded into the server, thats why you don't see a script for them.

Kiwi

Knight
No, the gumps need to be built with commands.

im guessing the help button one etc. is just hard coded for now.. ?

Even though they need to be made, there are localizations for things like "Help Menu" and the different help options, same with stuff like "BLACKSMITHING MENU"

Dian

Sorceror
Okay, great, thats exactly what i wanted to know. I was not sure if they were actually somthing that was used from the OSI client, or if you had them made, and hardcoded in the core.. :D